Need the experts please sighting in Double Rifle

The standard from double rifle manufacturers (at least for Heym) is a 4 shot 2" inch group maximum at 50 meters between barrels.

Also, if you are having to shoot at DG with a .470 at 100+ yards, you need better trackers and/or a PH to work with you.
I get your point, but if the gun/load is capable of more, why not take advantage of it?

I dont plan on or want to take my first shot near 100yds on DG but I like the confidence of if I need to place a precise follow up at that distance I sure can.

Besides, the gun will get used for more than DG as it was expensive and I love using the thing and it has the capability to do so ethically and accurately

I havent shot the gun a lot yet due to my safari being postponed but when I first got it I shot a scimitar oryx in Texas and used the 470 barrels (before I found and bought the other sets) and with federal factory aframes it was around 1.5" same barrel accuracy and under 3" left to right at 100yds. I plan on working up handloads for the 470 and 375 too which I havent yet started.

It's an S2 though too
Sorry @mikecatt13 , I managed to somehow transpose your comments with the Rizzini owner who started this thread. Yes, a S2 is indeed easily capable of shooting a 1.5 - 2 MOA 4- shot 100 meter group. It can also easily handle a lead sled and never seems to shift zero from a rest to the sticks. They are a special thing.

With the .375 barrels in place, I have taken buffalo at sixty yards and a waterbuck at well over 200. It is a rare traditional double remotely capable of such accuracy.

Sorry @mikecatt13 , I managed to somehow transpose your comments with the Rizzini owner who started this thread. Yes, a S2 is indeed easily capable of shooting a 1.5 - 2 MOA 4- shot 100 meter group. It can also easily handle a lead sled and never seems to shift zero from a rest to the sticks. They are a special thing.

With the .375 barrels in place, I have taken buffalo at sixty yards and a waterbuck at well over 200. It is a rare traditional double remotely capable of such accuracy.
All good, my double experience is limited to the S2 so that makes a large difference of course on what I've come to expect from it. Suppose I shouldve made sure that was clearer.

Not to get too side-tracked, but in the case of your 375 barrels for example. Do you change your zero left/right at all so it stays true for longer shots? In other words do you zero POA/POI on your first barrel like any other rifle or if it's the left barrel do you offset your POI left slightly since the barrel sits left of the scope? I plan on testing/verifying all this but you're expertise may save some valuable ammo :)

Everyone on this forum is so polite and for that I humbly thank you. Second it is okay to call me an idiot...my first shots with my new Rizzini double off hand at 50 yards were what I told the group. My wife says I have many faults but do take direction well. I took everyone’s advice and did the following:
First, set up my sled at 50 yards
Second, made sure the forend rested in my hand not the sled
The guns first two shots one from each barrel were perfect with a one inch spread with open sights two inches high. My second two were 3 inches wide but figure that was me not the gun
WOW what a sweet shooting gun I now know is accurate and I just need to practice

thanks everyone!!!

Glad it shoots well! Most importantly though...post some darn pictures!!! Haha

Happy to see you got it sorted and now can practice till you are comfortable with shoot your double.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross