AH senior member
Reaction score
Media
Member of
SCI, NRA, RMEF & CBA
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Finland & USA
Marshain,
Going to RSA is not the same as going to Wyoming on an antelope hunt. Yes, you can book your own flights and fill out all the paperwork for SAP, but I look at a good travel agent as good insurance and well worth the cost difference if any. If you are not a very experienced international traveler why do you want to take the risk of messing up your travel plans?

Kowas Adventure Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
kowasadventure.com
Media
Articles
Member of
NAPHA, DSC, SCI
Hunted
NAMIBIA and ZIMBABWE and SOUTH AFRICA
I will be traveling to South Africa this summer and hunting in the nearly Kimberley. I was planning on not using any travel agents/ services, etc as I dont see their need. My thought is to book plane tickets on a major carrier to Johannesburg and then take a South African airline over to Kimberley. If I have my firearm permits completed and paperwork in order, what is the point of a travel service such as Gracy, etc? Has anyone encountered problems at OR Tambo with corrupt officials wanting bribes. etc when it comes time to pick-up my guns or some other reason a travel service is needed? It seems that for a level-headed and prepared person, you can do all your travel planning solo, unless Im being naive. Thanks.

Yes, Sir. We strongly recommend that you consider a travel agent which has experience in traveling to Africa with firearms. It would save you stress and hussle...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DeanneThom

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Rifle57 wrote on Rimshot's profile.
I bought some bullets from Rimshot and he is good to trade with!
Greetings all! I've been a hunter for 50 years, but only now planning a trip to Africa. I was fortunate and successfully bid on a couple hunts for plains game in SA later this year and next. Also a rare Native Texas (5th generation) and USMC Vet. Hunt safe y'all!
uujm wrote on trg's profile.
I am looking for a Safari Express. Was yours made in New Haven or South Carolina? Any other details you can give me? I am very motivated to buy.
pimes wrote on flatwater bill's profile.
Hello Bill - can you tell me that landowner/ranch/outfitter - Thank you!
Pete0905 wrote on damundsen87's profile.
Hello
Is the Khales 1-6 still for sale?
Thanks
Josh