Need for travel planners/ agents

Marshain,
Going to RSA is not the same as going to Wyoming on an antelope hunt. Yes, you can book your own flights and fill out all the paperwork for SAP, but I look at a good travel agent as good insurance and well worth the cost difference if any. If you are not a very experienced international traveler why do you want to take the risk of messing up your travel plans?

I will be traveling to South Africa this summer and hunting in the nearly Kimberley. I was planning on not using any travel agents/ services, etc as I dont see their need. My thought is to book plane tickets on a major carrier to Johannesburg and then take a South African airline over to Kimberley. If I have my firearm permits completed and paperwork in order, what is the point of a travel service such as Gracy, etc? Has anyone encountered problems at OR Tambo with corrupt officials wanting bribes. etc when it comes time to pick-up my guns or some other reason a travel service is needed? It seems that for a level-headed and prepared person, you can do all your travel planning solo, unless Im being naive. Thanks.

Yes, Sir. We strongly recommend that you consider a travel agent which has experience in traveling to Africa with firearms. It would save you stress and hussle...

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
onlinegambling-review

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you