NAMIBIA: Omalanga Safaris

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Just got back from hunting in Namibia with Omalanga Safaris. What an incredible experience!!! This was our first safari and it couldn't have gone any better. When I figure out how to post pics on here I will. Our guide Gunter worked very hard and I took some very nice trophies. The only regret was that I didn't book a longer hunt!!

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your hunt. Go to photos/video above, and it will walk you through the process, even a computer hack like me did it,very simple. Love to see your photos. Brian

Congrats, cant wait for the pics

Says invalid attachment (

By the way. Congratulations on your trip.

They are never long enough!

Look forward to the entire tale and the pictures.

I see 4 new critters in your personal album. Nice looking critters. I love the Springbok and there was just something different about the Hartebeest, I had to look at my pics to figure out what it was. The horns on yours are way darker, very nice.

So I got them into my personal gallery. Hope you enjoy looking as much as I had shooting!

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

watermark.php

Last edited by a moderator:
Gallery pictures look good.
The bases on that Gemsbok are amazing. Hooks on the Springbok, very nice.
That Hartebeests horns look like they were washed and polished. Very Healthy boy.

Congratulations!

Nice animals, you will not be able to forget about Africa. (lol) Join the club!

I just back from Namibia myself. When are you planning on going back? We are thinking about 2014. You have some beautiful trophies but there are plenty more to add. I am thinking about mountain zebra, warthog, black wildebeest, waterbuck, and eland for the next trip.

Right now the trip is still just a haze in my mind. We hope to go back as well but had to make the concession that we would take our 3 kids to Europe to visit friends in 2014. Hopefully we go in 2016...by then I should have all my trophies on the wall whispering in my ear to go back and shoot their cousins because they are lonely on my wall!

Thanks for the report and pictures! Glad you had an great time.

Thanks for sharing, and congrats for a great hunt !

Cabelas has used the pictures from Message's hunt on page 60 of their 2013 Outdoor Adventures catalog to advertise the Traditional Namibian Safari. Cabelas also uses the pictures on their web site. Looks great!

Cabelas has used the pictures from Message's hunt on page 60 of their 2013 Outdoor Adventures catalog to advertise the Traditional Namibian Safari. Cabelas also uses the pictures on their web site. Looks great!

It was amazing to see ourselves in the catalog. They never told us we were even in there. I am going to have to get some more of the catalogs so I can have them for keepsakes.

Very nice hunt Message. Your smiles tell the story. What a nice bonus to be featured in Cabelas catalog. Glad you had so much fun.

Tip:If you want to keep the catalog for keepsake you might want to have one preserved properly. Paper has a tendency to deteriorate over time.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AmieFletch

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg