NAMIBIA: Omalanga Safaris

Message

AH member
Joined
May 19, 2011
Messages
46
Reaction score
3
Media
13
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Just got back from hunting in Namibia with Omalanga Safaris. What an incredible experience!!! This was our first safari and it couldn't have gone any better. When I figure out how to post pics on here I will. Our guide Gunter worked very hard and I took some very nice trophies. The only regret was that I didn't book a longer hunt!!

watermark.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Congratulations on your hunt. Go to photos/video above, and it will walk you through the process, even a computer hack like me did it,very simple. Love to see your photos. Brian
 
Congrats, cant wait for the pics
 
Says invalid attachment (
 
By the way. Congratulations on your trip.

They are never long enough!

Look forward to the entire tale and the pictures.
 
I see 4 new critters in your personal album. Nice looking critters. I love the Springbok and there was just something different about the Hartebeest, I had to look at my pics to figure out what it was. The horns on yours are way darker, very nice.
 
So I got them into my personal gallery. Hope you enjoy looking as much as I had shooting!


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php


watermark.php
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Gallery pictures look good.
The bases on that Gemsbok are amazing. Hooks on the Springbok, very nice.
That Hartebeests horns look like they were washed and polished. Very Healthy boy.

Congratulations!
 
Nice animals, you will not be able to forget about Africa. (lol) Join the club!
 
I just back from Namibia myself. When are you planning on going back? We are thinking about 2014. You have some beautiful trophies but there are plenty more to add. I am thinking about mountain zebra, warthog, black wildebeest, waterbuck, and eland for the next trip.
 
Right now the trip is still just a haze in my mind. We hope to go back as well but had to make the concession that we would take our 3 kids to Europe to visit friends in 2014. Hopefully we go in 2016...by then I should have all my trophies on the wall whispering in my ear to go back and shoot their cousins because they are lonely on my wall!
 
Thanks for the report and pictures! Glad you had an great time.
 
Thanks for sharing, and congrats for a great hunt !
 
Cabelas has used the pictures from Message's hunt on page 60 of their 2013 Outdoor Adventures catalog to advertise the Traditional Namibian Safari. Cabelas also uses the pictures on their web site. Looks great!
 
Cabelas has used the pictures from Message's hunt on page 60 of their 2013 Outdoor Adventures catalog to advertise the Traditional Namibian Safari. Cabelas also uses the pictures on their web site. Looks great!

It was amazing to see ourselves in the catalog. They never told us we were even in there. I am going to have to get some more of the catalogs so I can have them for keepsakes.
 
Very nice hunt Message. Your smiles tell the story. What a nice bonus to be featured in Cabelas catalog. Glad you had so much fun.

Tip:If you want to keep the catalog for keepsake you might want to have one preserved properly. Paper has a tendency to deteriorate over time.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,426
Messages
1,575,813
Members
170,392
Latest member
YaniraSker
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top