NAMIBIA: Kowas Adventure Safaris 2021- Finally!

Thanks Jeff, you can't go wrong with Kowas and your wife would love it. Namibia is very nice.
That Eland was a great hunt and what an awesome animal. Working around that herd, watching those huge blue bulls mill around through those cows was incredible. And hands down the best eating of any animal I've taken. But you already know that from your huge bull!
Eland are incredible to hunt, and even better to eat. Congrats again!!

Love that Hartebeest...............................nice report...................'grats and thanks for posting.....FWB
Thanks FWB. Both mine and Bobby’s Hartebeest epitomized the animals we took in this trip. Both were very old and very large trophies. I didn’t even know they got grey faced like mine and Bobby’s was missing an eye and his tips were worn down several inches. Great animals.

Congrats on a great hunt!

Awesome report, Thanks @MAdcox sounds like an incredible hunt and definitely
some incredible trophy's

Awesome report, Thanks @MAdcox sounds like an incredible hunt and definitely
some incredible trophy's
Thanks Kevin, it was a great trip for sure. I’ve wanted to hunt Namibia since I started planning to get to Africa 25 years ago. It did not disappoint.

Nice report. Did you ever determine the issue with the groups with your rifle?

Edit: I see very clearly now you didn’t determine the cause. Hopefully your gunsmith can come up with a solution.
I finally got some time and nice weather to reload and go to the range.
I haven’t cleaned the barrel since I got home. I loaded my last 30 bullets of the 180gr AFrame I used on the trip.
Two 3 shot groups were 3/4” groups or less. I can’t believe I did it but I almost had to load my 20 rounds I took incorrect. Either the wrong powder or wrong measure of the right powder. I’m always so careful at the reloading bench but I can’t think of any other explanation. A blown shot or even two I could sure blame on myself. But two different range sessions over there with the same 3-4” groups had to be my load. Great time to do something stupid at the reloading bench, loading for a trip I’ve been planning for 3 1/2 years!:E Doh:

I finally got some time and nice weather to reload and go to the range.
I haven’t cleaned the barrel since I got home. I loaded my last 30 bullets of the 180gr AFrame I used on the trip.
Two 3 shot groups were 3/4” groups or less. I can’t believe I did it but I almost had to load my 20 rounds I took incorrect. Either the wrong powder or wrong measure of the right powder. I’m always so careful at the reloading bench but I can’t think of any other explanation. A blown shot or even two I could sure blame on myself. But two different range sessions over there with the same 3-4” groups had to be my load. Great time to do something stupid at the reloading bench, loading for a trip I’ve been planning for 3 1/2 years!:E Doh:
I have someone hand load for me. I usually trust them 100%. When I arrived in Namibia for one of my trips, I found out I could barely close bolt on rounds. I had just picked up that batch of ammo before trip. They worked and I got through trip with minimal issue, but they all had to be resized when I got home. I’ve had him load a lot for me and it is still the only mistake he’s ever made. It had to be for an important hunting trip too. I run every bullet through magazine and chamber before going on a trip now.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Theron03S

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!