Namibia It Is!

Im not sure how long you intend to go for .
We spent a month in Namibia with 3 weeks hunting and then spent a week doing a road trip .
We spent 3 nights in Windhoek when we first got there to recover from all the travel .
Im not sure what your plans are or how much spare time you and your mates have for your trip ...

Cheers Dory .

We are expecting to be there for a 10-12 day hunt. As for other travels, if my wife joins me at the beginning, I will add another 5-7 days. We will do some sight-seeing and then she will head home and I will begin the hunt. No decision has been made on her joining or not, but I hope she does...
 
FairChase I hope the drought situation improves prior to your hunt. I understand it's dry as a tender box over there right now!
 
FairChase I hope the drought situation improves prior to your hunt. I understand it's dry as a tender box over there right now!
Had an email from namibia a couple of weeks ago .
Johnnie said they had one day of rain then nothing .
He said the animals were getting weak from lack of food and water .
Things are getting real bad for the game .
My fingers are crossed for them all .
 
+1 for Nick Nolte, although that is my one and only Africa hunt, so I have no other experience to base it on. Nick has access to a huge area and most of it is low fenced. I posted a report on my hunt there earlier this year.

Wherever you decide to go, be sure to stop at Joe's for an evening while you are in Windhoek. Fantastic place!
 
We are expecting to be there for a 10-12 day hunt. As for other travels, if my wife joins me at the beginning, I will add another 5-7 days. We will do some sight-seeing and then she will head home and I will begin the hunt. No decision has been made on her joining or not, but I hope she does...
My wife said to tell your wife the shopping is good and the wine is top class and cheap .
That should work !!
 
FairChase I hope the drought situation improves prior to your hunt. I understand it's dry as a tender box over there right now!
My wife said to tell your wife the shopping is good and the wine is top class and cheap .
That should work !!

CAustin, Thanks for the update. I am planning to be there in 2017 so I hope the situation changes for the better before I get there... Otherwise, Botswana? Zambia?

Dory, We both love our wine!
 
Namibia is amazing! I competed in the first Africa's Huntress there at the end of last year. We stayed at Hoodia Hunting Ranch. I'm definitely going back this year.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,428
Messages
1,575,846
Members
170,395
Latest member
TursteeGoods
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top