My wife is wanting to attend some Christmas markets in Europe in December. Where can I hunt in December?

Justbryan

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Australia/NZ
Hunted
South Africa, New Zealand, USA, Canada,
Where can I hunt in Europe in December that has great Christmas markets?

I have no idea about what you would consider as a great Christmas market, but you can hunt in Spain.

Considering Spain but not know for Christmas markets. More thinking Germany, France, Austria, Hungary, Czechia, Poland.

Brussels (whole city centre is one big Christmas market)
Paris (champs elysees)
Strasbourg (very picturesque)

To combine with hunting is going to be a difficult one, most hunting still available that time of year, will be the driven hunts for mainly wild boar. So Germany, and further east would maybe make the most sense. But in any case the biggest and best Christmas markets will be in capitals or large cities, and therefore a bit out of ways for hunting.

Brussels (whole city centre is one big Christmas market)
Paris (champs elysees)
Strasbourg (very picturesque)

To combine with hunting is going to be a difficult one, most hunting still available that time of year, will be the driven hunts for mainly wild boar. So Germany, and further east would maybe make the most sense. But in any case the biggest and best Christmas markets will be in capitals or large cities, and therefore a bit out of ways for hunting.
This is why I posted the question. I am having a hard time finding a hunt in Europe in December. I have hunted Red Stag and Fallow. Really want a roe deer.

In the UK you could hunt Roe does but not bucks in December. If that sounds ok you could find deer stalking easily within reach of London or Edinburgh or pretty much anywhere in between.

In Sweden you can hunt moose in december, I assume the same goes for Finland which seems to have the christmas market covered https://santaclausvillage.info/ apparantly it is very popular to go there around christmas from Great Britain anyway.

You can also hunt Capercaille on cross country skis during december if your are looking for other hunting then big game.

This is why I posted the question. I am having a hard time finding a hunt in Europe in December. I have hunted Red Stag and Fallow. Really want a roe deer.

December is not the right time for roe buck. Best time would be May-July.

In Sweden you can hunt moose in december, I assume the same goes for Finland which seems to have the christmas market covered https://santaclausvillage.info/ apparantly it is very popular to go there around christmas from Great Britain anyway.

You can also hunt Capercaille on cross country skis during december if your are looking for other hunting then big game.

Roe Deer and Whitetail are also possible in Finland at that time - but it will not be anywhere near the Santa Claus Village in Rovaniemi.

I wonder what she expects of a great Christmas Market...

Austria would be Chamois, probably 2 hours outside of Vienna. There is also a French outfitter 50 minutes outside of Paris.

In full disclosure I haven't hunted with either one but met them at SCI, can PM you details if you want.

I think Australia is open can't remember what game.

Chamois hunt ends in Austria 15. Dez. - Most of our well known Christmas markets (Salzburg/Innsbruck/Vienna) starts last week in November = an Idea of mine = starting Munich or Nürnberg go to Innsbruck - will organize a chamois hunt for you - than travel Salzburg/Vienna - Finnish trip with a driven hunt for wildboars or late season hunt for red deer or fellow deer …

Red Stag will still be available in Poland. Would have to check on Roe, but stag would be better hunting. Definitely boar. It would be easier to do the hunting in Poland while shopping in Germany, and Nuremberg is close to the border, as well as other Bavarian markets. PM me for an outfitter if you are interested.

I think you can hunt Chamois and wolf in Macedonia. Or North Macedonia..... Not sure what they settled on but were in an argument with Greece over the name of their country. Do the Christmas stuff in Germany then fly from Germany to Macedonia for 2 or 3 days hunting. Drive up the mountain as far as the old Soviet era Jeep type thing can go. Then walk up above the timber line. Take good glass.

Prague in Czech has a famous Christmas market. Not too sure if the roe buck season is open then. I enjoyed a good driven boar hunt in Czech last December. Mouflon were also available.

You can hunt in Africa and she can shop somewhere nice in Europe, afterwards you can meet up with her, this way you don’t have to walk down every little passage… If we arrange this well enough we could even make it look like a kidnapping situation and she can dig around for a randsom that we‘ll gladly accept as payment for your safari?

I'm going to be following this with some interest as my wife needs to go do the same thing;) Although I'm not holding out to go hunting. Hopefully it works out to tour the JD or Claas factories in Germany on the same trip :)

I second the Prague recommendation for their Christmas market. Spent 3 weeks there a few years back over Christmas - one of my favorite European cities. Germany also has some good options as listed above

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ChadwickTo

Latest profile posts

Looking to hire Odoo developers in UAE, USA In o2b technologies has skilled and experienced Odoo developers at competitive pricing Consult Now!

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!