My Project

Hunt of a Lifetime

AH member
Joined
Jan 23, 2009
Messages
19
Reaction score
4
I have been fortunate to steal (my gunsmith's words) a p-14 enfield that was sporterized to 300 H & H . The person (unknown) who did the work was a master craftsman in his day according to my smith.
We are going to k-kote the barreled action , jewel the bolt and extractor add a 3lb trigger, and add a muzzle brake, plus glass bed the stock .
The smith just kept fawning all over this piece and could not believe how good the barrel was and how great the action was. feeds smooth and flawless
and when done should shoot pretty darned good as well.
I know it is not a full blown custom but it is too me and my meager income.
My Africa battery now consists of a 7x57( wife is claiming on waivers as i did not shoot it enough) this 300 H & H and my 9.3x62 which will still be my first love. When the 300 is finished will post some pics.
 
Wow sound like a very good buy well done.

Where are you going to go and hunt in Africa because I think the 7X57 is one of the best plains game guns ever build got one myself and it works great here in the bushvel of South Africa.
 
Do you have any markings on the rifle that show who did the work?
 
If one gets around enough there are always gems to be found. and you found one...
 
I have found that if one has Patience and does some Proper Scrounging there are truly some GemsView attachment 15546, Diamonds in the rough so to speak,,,I just got done with a Small ring Mex Mauser that had evidently somebodies project Years ago,,the gunsmith work was perfect and just needed a little more work to finish,,going to make a great Varmmit Rifle chambered in 22-250
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,306
Messages
1,572,355
Members
169,530
Latest member
ShelbyKidd
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top