My Papa

A very inspirational post! What an amazing fellow. His son's pride in him speak volumes.

Some beautiful smiles in that bunch.

Outstanding, I remember my first Elk hunt, headed out to hunt Colorado thinking I was in shape, the mountains soon told me otherwise,

Wow! Thank you for posting this, Royal! What an inspiration. You and your family are very blessed. That is an accomplishment many folks half his age couldn’t do. :S Wave:

Your dad @M80 is is an animal! And I see all the looks went to your Sister and Niece! Lol
Congratulations to Papa, may he gain many more miles!

Dang that is up in the air a ways. Been up over 13 and that kicked my backside. Congrats to him. A tough old bird there. Absolutely a great hike!
Bruce

Some beautiful smiles in that bunch.
That's from my mother. We were trained to smile for pictures from a very young age. The son-in-laws were trained immediately upon joining the family. It isn't optional. LOL

My Dad (I call him Papa) went on a little walk today. His granddaughter wanted to go on a hike and he's not the kind of man that will say no to his granddaughter. So off went Papa, his granddaughter, and my sister and her husband. Pretty standard stuff, right ? Not really...

You see my Papa is 80 years old. And this little walk was to the top of a 14er in CO, Mt. Sherman to be exact.

The quote below is what my niece posted on FB and some pictures as well. My Papa is in much better shape than I am!

" “I think I’d like to do one of these (a 14er) when I’m 80.” — Chief two years ago coming down another 14er.

He may have regretted saying that to me because I never let him forget that he said that, but he did the dang thing! Truly a day I’ll never forget. He’s my hero."

View attachment 484452View attachment 484453View attachment 484454View attachment 484455View attachment 484456
@Royal27
Papua is a fine gent that someone forgot to tell you can't do that at 80. He is living proof that For some age is only a number not a barrier.
Bob

Wow! Thank you for posting this, Royal! What an inspiration. You and your family are very blessed. That is an accomplishment many folks half his age couldn’t do. :S Wave:
@Just Gina
Gina if'n you gave up the smokes you would be able to do it at your tender age.
NO @action Bob didn't put me up to this. Said with love and concern of a younger person's health. After 43 years of smoking I know what it does
As I used to tell my wife when she said I smoked.
"Sorry darling as much as I find you hot and sexy I don't get hot enough to smoke.
I'm only a sucker of those stupid things I put in my mouth. I don't smoke I'm a sucker.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

@Just Gina
Gina if'n you gave up the smokes you would be able to do it at your tender age.
NO @action Bob didn't put me up to this. Said with love and concern of a younger person's health. After 43 years of smoking I know what it does
As I used to tell my wife when she said I smoked.
"Sorry darling as much as I find you hot and sexy I don't get hot enough to smoke.
I'm only a sucker of those stupid things I put in my mouth. I don't smoke I'm a sucker.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob
@Bob Nelson 35Whelen
You are correct. My breathing stays in pretty good shape thanks to all the walking however, would be MUCH better off quitting. Which I am actually working on. :)

WOW, what an amazing young man. Congrats to your Papa for such an amazing achievement. Here is another fine gentleman who gives us who are in our 60s, lots of hope.

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen
You are correct. My breathing stays in pretty good shape thanks to all the walking however, would be MUCH better off quitting. Which I am actually working on. :)
@Just Gina
Well done I know how hard it is to give up. Even tho you are doing a lot of walking and your breathing is OK at the moment it will sneak up and bite you on the arse. You will get to the stage that walking up a hill higher than a news paper will be a no no. Even walking on the Namibian Plains will be hard work.
I'm only telling you this as it's what I'm like now and out of concern. Heart attacks aren't fun.
You are young and have a lot of good living to do yet
Bob
Keep up the good work of giving up.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SylviaSelf

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!