My New Double Rifle - What Is of Value to Me That Fits My Wants

for my 470’s i use RL 15.5 at 86 grains has historically given me within 2 inches producing 2050 FPS. i talked to JJ Perodeau last week and he recommended trying 86, 87, 88 and 89 grains to see what regulation looks like. weather permitting i will test each tomorrow at 50 yards. one of these should give me my desired within 2 inch regulation i want and maybe better. my last 470 was at 1.5 inches
Sir, You are a lucky man. I would truly enjoy working up a load for such a fine rifle. I have only fired DR's twice, both when the owner handed me them, and yes it does give one that special feeling.

Maybe I "need" a DR?

Enjoy and please post up on here.

MB

Beautiful rifle Craig, hope to see it in person in 2025. For whatever reason I got your FS thread and this one mixed up.
Hope you get the one sold and hold on to this one for a while

Exceptionally nice!

shot the new rifle today!!! after four different powder grain weights i found the trusty 2052 FPS with 86 grains of RL 15.5 shot right at an inch at 50 yards…the best regulation i have ever got from a DR. pussy cat to shoot at it’s weight. very pleased. However, i am having JJ mill for my red dot…i just was not comfortable enough with the excellent iron sights to get the confidence i want…not the gun’s fault, mine. these 64 year old eyes just are not as sharp as they once were

Outstanding, love it when a plan comes together. Glad you were able to find the sweet spot without burning through precious supplies of primers & powder. Well done (y)

shot the new rifle today!!! after four different powder grain weights i found the trusty 2052 FPS with 86 grains of RL 15.5 shot right at an inch at 50 yards…the best regulation i have ever got from a DR. pussy cat to shoot at it’s weight. very pleased. However, i am having JJ mill for my red dot…i just was not comfortable enough with the excellent iron sights to get the confidence i want…not the gun’s fault, mine. these 64 year old eyes just are not as sharp as they once were
You are going to love the set-up JJ does for the red dots.

Got great news from JJ Perodeau on my new 470. Gun is perfect with nothing needing to be fixed. @rookhawk …i owe you a Wisconsin cold beer my friend…JJ confirmed the heavy mercury reducer taking the gun to 13 pounds. he is taking it out which should take the gun to about 11.2 pounds which is perfect. he is going on vacation so he will get the red dot milling done on it when he gets back so i will have back in my hands early January. very pleased!!!

You know what they say about Opinions, they are like hemorrhoids every A** hole has one

Got great news from JJ Perodeau on my new 470. Gun is perfect with nothing needing to be fixed. @rookhawk …i owe you a Wisconsin cold beer my friend…JJ confirmed the heavy mercury reducer taking the gun to 13 pounds. he is taking it out which should take the gun to about 11.2 pounds which is perfect. he is going on vacation so he will get the red dot milling done on it when he gets back so i will have back in my hands early January. very pleased!!!

+$4000 in resale value by that minor detail! Congrats, I figured there is no way Merkel would overbuild such a gun in that manner. Little details add up to big differences!

+$4000 in resale value by that minor detail! Congrats, I figured there is no way Merkel would overbuild such a gun in that manner. Little details add up to big differences!
Appreciate your expertise and guidance so very much!!!

Beautiful rifle! Definitely a little jealous

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Declan4098

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you