My mother turned 90 last month...

Tanks

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Some months ago I contacted my mother to ask if she would like me to rent a hotel ballroom and invite people for a big party to celebrate. Her response was that she liked to travel and would like to travel to Dubai as she had not been there except to pass through the airport on the way to Africa. To put it in context she already had 5 international trips in 2023.

So off to Dubai we went, mom, my partner, daughter, son, my sister and my nephew. A friend of mine who is an Emir at Dubai suggested an outing to the desert for a sunrise breakfast and feeding of the camels. He also mentioned in passing that he would also arrange for motorized para gliding.

I mentioned it to my mom, and she was actually excited. We had the outing on Jan. 24th, a day after her birthday.

1708635507773.png

1708635530719.png

1708635556047.png

Of course, my daughter, son and I had to keep up.

1708635611770.png

1708635630308.png

1708635965721.png

We also fed the camels...

1708636049250.jpeg

She loved our five days at Dubai. Interestingly two days after she got home a friend of hers called her to ask if she would like to do a weeklong river cruise in Portugal. She was on a plane over within two days.

I am blessed that at 90 my mother is healthy and also mentally sharp. Heck, mentally she is more qualified to be POTUS than Biden. :ROFLMAO:

She wants to do a tandem parachute jump at 95, we'll see.

She sounds like an amazing person. You are a fortunate man to have a mother who is as active as she is!

You are very blessed with your family and your mother's health. As we say over here "They don't make them like that anymore".

Congratulations to your Mom, and kudos to you for your efforts to make all of this happen. As our parents get older it is so satisfying to see them to continue to enjoy life and all the great things that this world can offer. Memories for you and your family to enjoy for the rest of your lives, and Mom's too.

@Neil Molendyk Thank you. Once past a certain age things can happen, so one has to cherish every little bit of time with their parents. I try to spend a few weeks a year at the very least visiting with my mom. That is why I took her to London with me last July for a week when I went to get measured for my Rigby double.

1708655997844.jpeg

One thing that pissed me off about Covid and travel restrictions was the stolen time from seeing my mother.

@Neil Molendyk Thank you. Once past a certain age things can happen, so one has to cherish every little bit of time with their parents. I try to spend a few weeks a year at the very least visiting with my mom. That is why I took her to London with me last July for a week when I went to get measured for my Rigby double.

View attachment 588973

One thing that pissed me off about Covid and travel restrictions was the stolen time from seeing my mother.
Yes sir we have to cherish every moment, my wife and I went to visit my 90 year old father this weekend and after we left my dad asked my mom who those people were that just left.
He had some traumatic head injuries in the army when a 57mm recoiless rifle blew up next to his head not to mention the head injuries from playing college football with poor equipment. He still recognizes us while we are there but gets confused when people leave.

That's just awesome!! What a Blessing and privilege to make such great memories together!!
Best regards
Johan and Henlomi

Way to go MOM!!!

Some months ago I contacted my mother to ask if she would like me to rent a hotel ballroom and invite people for a big party to celebrate. Her response was that she liked to travel and would like to travel to Dubai as she had not been there except to pass through the airport on the way to Africa. To put it in context she already had 5 international trips in 2023.

So off to Dubai we went, mom, my partner, daughter, son, my sister and my nephew. A friend of mine who is an Emir at Dubai suggested an outing to the desert for a sunrise breakfast and feeding of the camels. He also mentioned in passing that he would also arrange for motorized para gliding.

I mentioned it to my mom, and she was actually excited. We had the outing on Jan. 24th, a day after her birthday.

View attachment 588925

View attachment 588926

View attachment 588927

Of course, my daughter, son and I had to keep up.

View attachment 588928

View attachment 588929

View attachment 588930

We also fed the camels...

View attachment 588931

She loved our five days at Dubai. Interestingly two days after she got home a friend of hers called her to ask if she would like to do a weeklong river cruise in Portugal. She was on a plane over within two days.

I am blessed that at 90 my mother is healthy and also mentally sharp. Heck, mentally she is more qualified to be POTUS than Biden. :ROFLMAO:

She wants to do a tandem parachute jump at 95, we'll see.
Godbless

Thank God for great Ma's, still quite the marksman. Born in 48, pictured right & sister on left.
mom.jpg

Interesting Mom!
Wonderful life!

Beautiful pictures of the camels and desert. Great choice on Dubai. Take the time when you can. Life is too short. Your Mom is beating the odds.

We are truly blessed with Mom's that could almost be twins! Mine is a day older, but it sounds like they share a lot in common. I was sick and missed her 90th party, but went for a visit about the time you posted this. My siblings & I are trying to get her to join us in Bonaire in a month, but she might not have time in her schedule for that trip.
It really is great to see you and your Mom out experiencing life and having fun! Enjoy the time you have!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MajorBirds

Latest profile posts

USN
Please a prayer request due to Michael Sipple being mauled by a Cape buffalo.

Bayly Sipple Safaris on FB for company statement.
SETH RINGER wrote on Fatback's profile.
IF YOU DON'T COME UP WITH ANY .458, I WILL TRY AND GET MY KID TO PACK SOME UP FOR YOU BUT PROBABLY WOUDN'T BE TILL THIS WEEKEND AND GO OUT NEXT WEEK.
PURA VIDA, SETH
sgtsabai wrote on Sika98k's profile.
I'm unfortunately on a diet. Presently in VA hospital as Agent Orange finally caught up with me. Cancer and I no longer can speak. If all goes well I'll be out of here and back home in Thailand by end of July. Tough road but I'm a tough old guy. I'll make it that hunt.
sgtsabai wrote on Wyfox's profile.
Nice one there. I guided for mulies and elk for about 10 or so years in northern New Mexico.