My Letter to the Kansas City Chiefs / NFL

Where is the "love" button?

Fantastic comment, and a great way to honor a noble, selfless member of our country's armed forces.

+1 (y)

I have heard people want to boycott the NFL on Sunday, November 12, the day after Veterans Day, don't go to any games, turn off the TV.

I'm in on that day, and every Thursday/Sunday/Monday until then that day!!!! And beyond

When I was about 20 there were three of us walking into a mc Donald's and a employee that worked there was bringing down the colors. Being good soldiers that we were we stopped and faced her as she came down the pole only to watch the guy unhook the flag off the line and ball it up like a beach towel. There was a quick conversation among the three of us and I promptly caught him just inside the door and stomped a mud hole in the middle of him right in the restaurant. I am quite certain that I would have the same reaction if I witnessed the same today. It might take me longer to clear the distance from parking lot to door but I have a feeling the outcome would be the same.
I put disgracing our colors right next to calling my mother a hussy, it ain't gonna happen on my watch jack!
These sports figures are

What does the phrase "stomped a mud hole in the middle of him" mean? Did you beat the dude up or yell at him or ??

What does the phrase "stomped a mud hole in the middle of him" mean? Did you beat the dude up or yell at him or ??
It was more of a beat down I would suppose, probably would go to jail now days for something like that. Well unless you are a member of the antifa faction. Years later a guy thinks about the things he used to do and wonders how you are still alive! Lol

I sent the following letter to the Kansas City Chiefs today. If you have similar sentiments about your favorite team, or the NFL, I would encourage you to do the same.

Dear Mr. Hunt,

As a Kansan, I have been a fan of the Chiefs since your father brought the team to Kansas City in the old AFL days. Willie Lanier, Jim Lynch, Buck Buchanan and Ed Podolak were my hero's since they came and supported the Greater Wichita Junior Football League. Their autographed photos hung proudly on my wall as a youth.

I was a fan in the glory days of being a Super Bowl Champion, and I have been a fan through many good, mediocre and poor seasons since.

I did not realize that Peters had disrespected our Flag and our National Anthem this season, until this past week. The fact that you did not discipline him or fire him prior to this weekend is a great disappointment for me. What happened this weekend is a complete disgrace. Yesterday I did not watch the Chiefs game.

This is a free country. Peters and the other players have the ability to to do whatever they wish. You as an employer, also have the ability to correct or condone their actions. You have made your decision and that is your prerogative as a free man in a free country. I also have the ability to do what I wish and now have made my decision.

The win against the Eagles on September 17th, will be the last Chiefs game I ever watch. It will also be the last NFL game I will ever watch. This has nothing to do with what Trump said. It has everything to do with what you didn't do.

I want to thank your Father and your family for bringing me so many great and wonderful memories. There are however things in life that are much more important than football.

God Bless America

Wheels
Very well said. I completely support your decision. NFL millionaires are a bunch of former street babies that took their athletic abilities to make a fortune. Shame shame on all of you including the owners for this blatant disrespect of the country,troops, and flag. I too will never ever watch another game. Let’s hope baseball players have more class!

Just think how much you guys can improve your shooting by spending Sunday afternoons at the range, and not watching a bunch of poorly-educated millionaires who hold you and your values in contempt as they give each other brain damage

It was more of a beat down I would suppose, probably would go to jail now days for something like that. Well unless you are a member of the antifa faction. Years later a guy thinks about the things he used to do and wonders how you are still alive! Lol

Beating down a Macdonald's employee in broad light in the middle of a Macdonald's would be considered as much of an assault today as it was back whenever you did it. America since its founding has been a country based on the rule of law- that action goes against that. Unless you're over 200 years old? lol

I mean I get it we've all done some stupid shit in our lives and I mean no disrespect towards you. But the fact that you seem proud that you did that and stated you would do it again can kinda make the whole forum look bad. Hunting has historically been a "gentleman's sport" and I think this forum as a whole does give off that vibe- I've never seen the trolling and the general "flame wars" that characterize the internet on here. Condoning what you did kind of goes against this.

I mean this is just my opinion for what its worth but trying diplomacy with someone like that, the McDonald's employee who crumpled up the American flag is a better route. For example approach someone who treated the American flag like that and telling them that its disrespectful and offensive to you and other service members. Even maybe invite someone like that to a VA hospital, legion organization or even to a military cemetery so that they can see first-hand why his act is so disrespectful to service members and their families etc... The guy may have crumpled up the flag like that unknowingly or out of ignorance- they may not have had any contact with veterans etc... and fully understand the gravity of that situation. You might even get an ally out of that person.

Also I think that beating someone down like that paints your country's service members in a very bad light. I would imagine that in the US army, law enforcement community, etc... self control is an important characteristic or "skill". A beat down like that shows very weak self control.

I also think that's the problem with Trump's comments. Calling the players SOBs and saying they should be fired has caused this whole thing to blow up- with entire teams doing it and has also made it a 1st amendment issue. Some of those owners even used to be his supporters. Probably not the best approach imo...

Dragen

Cody is a gentleman...until you utterly piss him off.

Every gentleman has his limits. We aren't all as composed as you.

I also think that's the problem with Trump's comments. Calling the players SOBs and saying they should be fired has caused this whole thing to blow up-

I suspect that was his intent.

As a 20ish infantryman running on adrenaline and testosterone, I may have over reacted but what was done is done. Definately not trying to portrait that I'm proud of my actions, just relating my passion that has not lessened in 25 years for my country. Would I lose my shit if I whitnessed it today? You can bet your ass I would. I feel as strongly today as I did that day. I don't believe that my stance on God and Country has a thing to do with my hunting, I don't set my 1919 t&E up for grazing fire on herds of dear while waving a flag. I hunt with great respect of the animals I am pursuing.
I have tried to have conversations with the other side to no luck, reason will never overcome emotional attachment to issues such as this. I personally don't give a shit what trump called them! They are a bunch of over privileged spoiled brats, if it weren't for the sacrifices that have been given in the name of that flag, they would not be getting paid millions of dollars a year to play sports. They would be placed in the populous with the rest of the pheasants to do laborious tasks.
No offense taken BTW!
Cheers,
Cody

Some people just earn there beatings and deserve them when they are given, In fact if a few more would get them we would not be in the mess we are now. I would bet cody did it with out wearing a mask to. The new don't be mean to me or touch me and I will get lawyer world is taking us down the wrong path.

A few of the dirt bags in the nfl or in that dump of a city called Chicago would have got a good beating by there dads growing up they may have learned some respect. I hate this new way of handling things.

I have heard people want to boycott the NFL on Sunday, November 12, the day after Veterans Day, don't go to any games, turn off the TV. I'm in on that day for sure, to honor of my late son who was a combat medic for the Army, who tried to save any injured he came across, never questioning their nationally, color, political beliefs or his own personal safety.
God Bless you sir.

Man where does all this flag waving come from today. When I was in the Navy we were walking down the street and there was a sign that said "All dogs and sailors stay off the grass. In 1971 I turned 21 in the South China Sea. A few more need to get those lottery numbers.

I just want to let it be known that I am offended that the term "SOB" is now being considered an offensive term. In my opinion, being called an SOB is a sign of grit and grind and toughness. I have also look at the term SOB as a sign of endearment. I am afraid these football players saying they are offended is going to make this a term that can't be used in the future. I also find it funny that some of the supposely toughest and most violent men on planet are saying that being called an SOB hurt their feelings.

If a president I didn't like...lets say Obama...called me an SOB...I would be so happy and laugh for days.

I also find it funny that some of the supposely toughest and most violent men on planet are saying that being called an SOB hurt their feelings.

I thought the exact same thing!

It is notable that the actions required in the players code of conduct is in violation of the flag code. I don't need to see a bunch of hateful bellyaching on a sport site. Isnt that what you are complaining about? I am turning this thread off.

Last edited:
I agree that these players are S.O.B's. I also like the fact that Trump is not politically correct. However, I do feel that a certain amount of decorum should be shown by a sitting President.

Be better than the other guy.

Like normal I'm late to the party and I find this a rather strange post for Africa hunting however I also agree with 92 percent of what's been said. I quit watching after the very first jackass took a knee. I also guess part of why I fought so long and hard was so he could do it. Makes me want to puke personally. Philip you seem to be about as politically correct as me with your Zim comment. I'm thinking pay them in Zim notes. If they play with a warthog skull they won't have any issues with pounds of pressure in the ball. Cheers to all

Religion and politics. Guaranteed to start a fight.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AngelinaVa

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you