My latest knife

MarkCZ

AH enthusiast
Joined
Jan 15, 2016
Messages
282
Reaction score
447
Location
Exmoor
Media
22
Hunted
South Africa, Finland, Estonia, C.Z. Poland, Slovakia, Romania, Scotland , England, Namibia
Hi guys, just finished this for a guy . He is not a hunter but does a lot of off piste camping so it is my camp knife.
4 mil o1 tool steel, Nickle silver bolsters, Desert ironwood scales. Hope you all like.
Markcz

camp-knife-jpg.57548
 
Last edited by a moderator:
Can't see the pic?
 
Nice ! :)
 
Good looking Knife, thanks for the Pic
 
One fine looking knife
 
Very nice. Not what is called a camp knife in the US, which would be much bigger.

A perfect size for me as a utility/general purpose knife.
 
Very nice. Not what is called a camp knife in the US, which would be much bigger.

A perfect size for me as a utility/general purpose knife.
yes you are probably correct in your description. Glad you like it.
Markcz
 
The desert ironwood is a spectacular wood and from the ones I have seen in some of the knife forums, is about as good as it gets for a wood handled knife. That is another very nice piece.

I am working on a skinning knife at the moment that will have a buff horn bolster and griaffe bone handles all with hidden pins.
 
Looks good
 
The desert ironwood is a spectacular wood and from the ones I have seen in some of the knife forums, is about as good as it gets for a wood handled knife. That is another very nice piece.

I am working on a skinning knife at the moment that will have a buff horn bolster and griaffe bone handles all with hidden pins.
please post photo of it when you have finished it. Would love to see that.
Markcz
 
Super looking knife. I just received two knives from a local knife maker here. Trying to find one that can make handle from elephant tooth.
 
I like your work sir!
 
Super looking knife. I just received two knives from a local knife maker here. Trying to find one that can make handle from elephant tooth.
I recently made a pair of knives for a friend. He had some warthog tusks and wanted me to use them as scales on fultangs. Well they were very hard and took the edge off the band saw of my friend, very tough. Will you have the tooth as solid handle on a stick tang or split it for full tang?
Markcz
 
Mark, will basically use for grips on the handle, split.
 
Great looking, anyone would be proud to carry that knife.
 
Hi guys, just finished this for a guy . He is not a hunter but does a lot of off piste camping so it is my camp knife.
4 mil o1 tool steel, Nickle silver bolsters, Desert ironwood scales. Hope you all like.
Markcz

camp-knife-jpg.57548

what type of sheath?whats the price?
 
Last edited by a moderator:

Forum statistics

Threads
70,437
Messages
1,576,197
Members
170,532
Latest member
Joellen17B
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Hornedfrogbbq wrote on Rhoyland4's profile.
Do you mind me asking what auction you are referencing? I'm not in the market for any of those rifles...just curious.

Frosty in Fort Worth
K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
 
Top