My Covid vaccination experience

Agreed, however the best data globally is coming out of Israel currently and it would disagree with Phillip’s position. No surprise that the Israelis are months ahead of us and exceptional at data capture and analysis. The latest data coming out indicates that the vaccines are more effective than previously thought. It also appears that those vaccinated are not able to transmit the virus, which is also different than previously believed. The last I heard they were at a 40% vaccination rate nationally and their over 60 death rate was lower than their younger population due to vaccination levels. If this data holds there is light at the end of the tunnel.
Why dissent matters.

Thanks for posting that interesting read!

Reactions: WAB
You are the second individual I have heard talk about having COVID and then being recommended to get the vaccine. The other is my 94 year old aunt who tested positive in December ran a fever for two days and then went right back to telling all her nephews and nieces how to do things. It is being recommended she get the vaccine too. My understanding is that if you are infected you develop immunity. Anybody want to try to help me understand?
Go to the CDC website. Lots of resources there. Recovering from CV does leave you with some antibodies but the vaccines create even more.

As for the South Africa variant, the current vaccines are a little less effective on it but in the studies, those that were vaccinated and still got sick did not die.

Who told you this?
My doc and other docs. Y'all need to study up before getting this shot. I just had a friend of a friend die in San Antonio from the shot. Diagnosed by autopsy! A healthy middle aged guy.
THIS IS NOT A LIFETIME VACCINE AND THOSE OF YOU POSTING THAT THIS WILL BE YOUR "YELLOW CARD" LIKE THE YELLOW FEVER SHOT ARE VERY WRONG!
THIS VACCINE IS NOT APPROVED FOR TRAVEL ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. IATA RECOMMENDS PCR TESTING NOT VACCINE!

Regards,
Philip

Here in the UK vaccine is rolling on at pace. Both mine and wife parents have had the first dose as well as sister in law and my wife last week some with the phizer and some with astra zenica jab. All have been fine just a bit tender where the needle went in for two of them. I have not had the vacine yet because i am younger than them all, but my time will come . The only people advised not to take the vaccine here are those who are prone to allergic reactions. There are countries looking at vaccine passports to aid travel here in europe.

I"ve had both Pfizer doses since Jan 12. Received early because of work, I have a doctorate (MD) but I am not a virologist or epidemiologist. Simple radiologist. have read multiple Xray and CT on Covid patients. some not very sick, others died. Wide age range. difficult to assimilate all the information and misinformation but feel the vaccines are the best way to mitigate the possible illness and long term health issues. best way to get to a new "normal". think vaccine passports will be coming. just my musings this morning at work. have already seen a few Covid cases on my work list. took a moment to look at AH and saw this thread. Took a lot of vaccines that my Uncle Sam gave me in military, guess they helped protect me then. hoping these protect us now. everyone stay well and stay friends.

I have received both Moderna doses of the vaccine as I have previously commented with similar results to everyone else. Being in Cardiology for 27 years and working directly in hospitals during that time I can clearly state this. The vaccination efforts are drastically reducing the number of Covid-19 patients in the hospital. This is now well documented by current hospital census numbers. Case in point 3 hospitals I have been in last week have less the 50% of beds occupied for all patients let alone Covid-19 patients.
In the end everyone has their right to choose but let’s not take hearsay for facts. Hoping everyone stays safe, healthy, and has the ability to go to Africa and get back to what this site was intended for...Sharing our love of hunting Africa!

On January 21st I went to the ER for a totally unrelated problem. Felt fine and did not think I had COVID. They wanted to test me. I tested POSITIVE !! So they wanted to treat me.

I am 84 years old and in robust health. They took my vitals and told me that I should not go to the hospital because I was in such good health (except for the COVID)

They said they had a treatment that was for people who were in too good a condition to go to the hospital AND were at risk of dying if they DID go to the hospital. But they would have to send out for it and it could take half a day to get it. "So, sit tight, and we are shutting the door to your room." I had to agree in writing since it was an experimental treatment.

Four hours later they were "infusing" Monoclonal Antibodies (man made antibodies) into me and gave me a massive cocktail of antibiotics. Same thing Trump got. I can guarantee that, in the the TV of trump addressing the nation a few days later, he was being propped up with 2x4s in the back.

I was pretty good until a week later and it hit me like a cement truck. I was hallucinating, incoherent for four days. Everybody thought I was going to die. I was so out of it I just sat there like a zombie and dont remember much of it.

It is now the 28th of Feb and I feel pretty good but a bit weak. I am getting stronger every day and expect better than (like I will be better than I was 10 years ago) full recovery in a month. I am already better than I have felt in a few years. BUT I cannot get the shot for 90 days or I will get "really sick". Now if "really sick" is worse that what I just went thru, then its death.

My doc and other docs. Y'all need to study up before getting this shot. I just had a friend of a friend die in San Antonio from the shot. Diagnosed by autopsy! A healthy middle aged guy.
THIS IS NOT A LIFETIME VACCINE AND THOSE OF YOU POSTING THAT THIS WILL BE YOUR "YELLOW CARD" LIKE THE YELLOW FEVER SHOT ARE VERY WRONG!
THIS VACCINE IS NOT APPROVED FOR TRAVEL ANYWHERE IN THE WORLD. IATA RECOMMENDS PCR TESTING NOT VACCINE!

Regards,
Philip

A search of San Antonio news didn’t come up with the death to which you a referring so far. If you have other info, that would be helpful, especially if it is documented.

Regards,
Philip
I, for one, do not believe it is a lifetime vaccine and I don’t believe anyone in the medical field has stated such. My GUESS is that additional boosters might be needed down the road IF coronavirus sticks around in a large enough quantity or becomes a seasonal issue but I hope not.

A search of San Antonio news didn’t come up with the death to which you a referring so far. If you have other info, that would be helpful, especially if it is documented.
Are you surprised? You believe the fake news? This came directly from a trusted friend. His friend died from the shot!
Sorry but I am surprised you are searching for a news story on this. Not meaning to be rude, sorry.

Phillip
What is your doctorate in?
Not sure why anyone would listen to you?
I think I will go with the science 500,000 deaths must be telling us something!
You are very rude!
I SAID MY DOCTOR AND ANOTHER TRUSTED DOCTOR NEARBY SAID THAT THE VACCINE LAST 6 MONTHS.
Does this not make sense to you? The flu shot is annual.
This is all I said. It was in response to you guys thinking you can take the shot for international travel! And you can NOT! Period. It is not a lifetime vaccine like Yellow fever like to took to go to Cameroon.
Not my opinion just facts.
Speaking of facts if you think 500,000 Americans have died from Covid I have a bridge to sell you.
Regards
Philip
PS go get your vaccine but dont tell others you are all set for international travel here on AH because that is a lie.

Philip, if you have a name of the victim that can be verified then I might believe it. But all deaths are recorded in San Antonio, but they cannot be looked up under "a friend of a friend" If your story is true, divulge the victim so we can all see the evidence. Otherwise its just another story.

You are very rude!
I SAID MY DOCTOR AND ANOTHER TRUSTED DOCTOR NEARBY SAID THAT THE VACCINE LAST 6 MONTHS.
Does this not make sense to you? The flu shot is annual.
This is all I said. It was in response to you guys thinking you can take the shot for international travel! And you can NOT! Period. It is not a lifetime vaccine like Yellow fever like to took to go to Cameroon.
Not my opinion just facts.
Speaking of facts if you think 500,000 Americans have died from Covid I have a bridge to sell you.
Regards
Philip
PS go get your vaccine but dont tell others you are all set for international travel here on AH because that is a lie.

I don’t think anyone is lying Phillip. I for one am anticipating that we are moving toward a time when the vaccine will make international travel easier. I hope that is the case as we have not been able to get back to Canada to see my wife’s parents since this crap started.

As to the safety of the vaccine, I for one believe that COVID is a manufactured virus. So for me the choice is between a manufactured vaccine and a manufactured virus. Again, I may be wrong, but the team of scientists I lead before retiring fall solidly in that camp as well. It just doesn’t seem to behave like a naturally occurring organism. If I am right, which is possible, every argument against the vaccine can be used to describe the virus.

Is that the shot I got in the Navy. Didn't seem like anything than about 5 seconds it felt like someone hit your arm with a ball pin hammer.
I also was vaccinated for bubonic plague in prep for SE Asia in the early '70s. No other vaccination, including the first covid shot, has made me as sick as I was with that one.

Regards
Philip
With all your fake news statements and your Bridge you want to sell. Maybe you should read some new info.

COVID-19 vaccination may not be required to board domestic flights, however; Delta's CEO, Ed Bastian, told the Today show that may be something exclusive to international travel, “whether the airlines do it or international authorities do it

Back in 1958 I was among a group of 12 agents that were scheduled to be spread around the world to 12 different sites but the assignments were to be drawn by lot just before we were dispersed so we couldn't accidentally reveal our destination. It was very classified. So we all had to have every shot required to go anywhere because they didnt know who was going where. Bubonic Plague we didnt need because at that time the only place it was epidemic was the Solomon Islands and none of us was going there. However the Cholera shot was wicked. It took two doses. The first one actually brought me to my knees within seconds of the injection. I was the first in line so everyone was watching as I fell. They all thought I was kidding....I wasnt.

Are you surprised? You believe the fake news? This came directly from a trusted friend. His friend died from the shot!
Sorry but I am surprised you are searching for a news story on this. Not meaning to be rude, sorry.
I assure you, Philip, that I look at all sides. The article I posted is but one I read. All news is not fake news just like your story is not fake news. The vaccine will harm some people. That’s a fact. There are outliers in all medical solutions. There are always the exceptions. It’s a human body, not a machine. The thing we have to decide is what the CHANCES are that we could be harmed by coronavirus VERSUS the vaccines. With my biology education, I think the vaccine trials were very large with acceptable risk having been shown. I think it’s reasonable to believe, as I do, that the numbers show that in all probability if I got CV that I would survive without a vaccine. In addition, I ALSO believe that, given the data from the vaccine trials, that it is reasonable to believe that the risks of dying from the vaccine are much smaller than the risks of getting sick or dying from CV. This is the equation, not that a friend of a friend died from the vaccine or that there are outliers. There are many more healthy people that have died from CV than the vaccine. Nothing we do is 100% safe and I refuse to live my life in search of 100% safety as a goal because it doesn’t exist.

Back in 1958 I was among a group of 12 agents that were scheduled to be spread around the world to 12 different sites but the assignments were to be drawn by lot just before we were dispersed so we couldn't accidentally reveal our destination. It was very classified. So we all had to have every shot required to go anywhere because they didnt know who was going where. Bubonic Plague we didnt need because at that time the only place it was epidemic was the Solomon Islands and none of us was going there. However the Cholera shot was wicked. It took two doses. The first one actually brought me to my knees within seconds of the injection. I was the first in line so everyone was watching as I fell. They all thought I was kidding....I wasnt.
Yes and reactions like this unfortunately mean that your immune system is reacting and working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jack849688

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg