my 404 Jeffery - finally

The rifle is STUNNING mate.. And a fantastic calibre. I would love to build myself a custom 404j, was thinking about it today actually. Was pretty happy to come across yours. Well done.

so I've been holding out on posting this until I received the license in my hands.

I FINALLY found and purchased a 404 Jeffery CZ550 safari classic to match my 416 Rigby and 375 h&h also in CZ550.

Hello , why to match .416Rigby , .375H&H and .404 Jeffery ?
Would have you not to prefer to acquire a 500 Jeffery or 505 Gibbs , the upper level .. ?

Hello , why to match .416Rigby , .375H&H and .404 Jeffery ?
Would have you not to prefer to acquire a 500 Jeffery or 505 Gibbs , the upper level .. ?

I have a 470 NE double and that is pretty much as big a caliber as I am happy and comfortable with for now , my next double that I am busy with is a 450/400

I am more than confident that all of my large and dangerous game can and will be taken with these calibers.

if I wasn't a gun nut then I would only own two rifles. a 30-06 for small and medium game and a 416 RM for large and dangerous game. with this two gun combo I wouldn't feel under gunned hunting anything on the planet.

-matt

if I wasn't a gun nut then I would only own two rifles. a 30-06 for small and medium game and a 416 RM for large and dangerous game. with this two gun combo I wouldn't feel under gunned hunting anything on the planet.

-matt
+ 1

Very nice I like the wood. Going to re-barrel my Ruger 375 RSM into 404 jeff, it is one of the big bores I have wanted for a long time. Thanks for the motivation(y)
Matt if I had to stick with bolt guns a 7x57, 9.3x62, and a 404 Jeff would cover my needs. Thank goodness we can have a few more in the safe.

Cutting the barrel?!?!?! Blasphemy!:eek: How much? I left mine at 24". Going to scope it?
I sure like the way a .404 shoots.
My 404 will not have a barrel any longer than 22 inch and maybe 21 in with at least a number five contour Barrel but maybe a five and a half barrel Contour. Rifle weighing at least Ten pounds maybe 10 and a half. Quarter rib Express sights.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
CharlineDu

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross