my 404 Jeffery - finally

Goon

AH member
Reaction score
Member of
Nzda
Hunted
Europe New Zealand Australia South Africa Zimbabwe
The rifle is STUNNING mate.. And a fantastic calibre. I would love to build myself a custom 404j, was thinking about it today actually. Was pretty happy to come across yours. Well done.

bebo

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
so I've been holding out on posting this until I received the license in my hands.

I FINALLY found and purchased a 404 Jeffery CZ550 safari classic to match my 416 Rigby and 375 h&h also in CZ550.

Hello , why to match .416Rigby , .375H&H and .404 Jeffery ?
Would have you not to prefer to acquire a 500 Jeffery or 505 Gibbs , the upper level .. ?

bassasdaindia

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Hello , why to match .416Rigby , .375H&H and .404 Jeffery ?
Would have you not to prefer to acquire a 500 Jeffery or 505 Gibbs , the upper level .. ?

I have a 470 NE double and that is pretty much as big a caliber as I am happy and comfortable with for now , my next double that I am busy with is a 450/400

I am more than confident that all of my large and dangerous game can and will be taken with these calibers.

matt85

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
USA, South Africa, and Namibia
if I wasn't a gun nut then I would only own two rifles. a 30-06 for small and medium game and a 416 RM for large and dangerous game. with this two gun combo I wouldn't feel under gunned hunting anything on the planet.

-matt

bebo

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
if I wasn't a gun nut then I would only own two rifles. a 30-06 for small and medium game and a 416 RM for large and dangerous game. with this two gun combo I wouldn't feel under gunned hunting anything on the planet.

-matt
+ 1

AZDAVE

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Hunted
South Africa, Alaska,lower 48
Very nice I like the wood. Going to re-barrel my Ruger 375 RSM into 404 jeff, it is one of the big bores I have wanted for a long time. Thanks for the motivation(y)
Matt if I had to stick with bolt guns a 7x57, 9.3x62, and a 404 Jeff would cover my needs. Thank goodness we can have a few more in the safe.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
KoryPiment

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

flatwater bill wrote on john stroud's profile.
Leopard Legend....................Hi John.............I see that you have not visited AH in awhile. Hope all is well. I am looking for a hunt in Namibia..............would like to ask a few questions about your hunt.............all the best..............................Bill
Cervus elaphus wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Hi Bob, how's things going in Wyong?. Down your way a couple of years back but haven't been in NSW since Ebor for the fishing. just getting over some nasty storms up here in Qld, seeing the sun for the first time in a few days. I'm going to NZ in the spring and hope to clean up a few buns while there and perhaps shake the spiders out of my old .303LE (currently owned by my BIL). Cheers Brian
A couple pictures of the sable i chased for miles in Mozambique, Coutada 9!! We finally caught up to him and I had the trophy of a lifetime. Mokore Safaris, Doug Duckworth PH
sable Coutada 9.JPG
sable 2 - Coutada 9.JPG
Safari Dave wrote on egrmpty507's profile.
Did you purchase your hunt at a US SCI fundraiser?
uplander01 wrote on colorado's profile.
Heard you may have load data for the 500 Jeffery,.....any info would be appreciated. Was thinking 535gr, but already had a response that the 570gr would be a better way to go, not sure why.