Murder

More urban bullshit behaviour. Get out of town! I have multiple means of defense... including .45 ACP.

Been to Oz and loved it, but i live in the country with minimal regulations regarding self defense... and I am not leaving.
Open and concealed carry here in NV and most everyone has a knife of some kind on them. Lots of hardware in these parts.

Move to Mareeba, just steer clear of KFC on Thursdays when the old boys have spent the chicken money on booze and the ladies get a little upset. Still the only time and place I have seen a besser block used as a bludgeon.

Well that’s different

I had to look up his filmography to remember he was in Machete. I suppose I might see Under Siege, it's supposed to be his best and was well-received.
Under Siege is NOT worth it for Steven Segal. It IS worth it for Erika Eleniak. Fast forward to that part. There's no reason to see the rest.

Today at around 8 I went to the Cairns central shopping Center to attack the ATM to extract. $$. I was surprised that I was the only one around - so I thought.
Just as I transacted and was taking my card out, I hear a hell of a argument.
I didn’t take much notice as the racket suddenly stopped.
I left the building and found out shortly thereafter there was a murder.
One man slashed the throat of the other.

I didn’t know for about it for a little time but yikes this event left me unsettled.
I was to be on a flight 14 December 2019. It turned out to be a fatal flight. Good thing I didn’t end up going on it.
Obviously I’m having an eventful life!
@Dr Ray
Don't buy any lotto tickets mate I think you have used all your luck up.
Bob

Cairns Central Shopping Center is right in downtown Cairns
A murder in daylight involving people who are/were unknown to each other.
I cannot fathom that because I heard them arguing and who carries a knife into a shopping Center???
Police have gone very quiet about it.
@Dr Ray
Now days with a lot of younger groups it's who doesn't carry a knife to any where
Bob

It’s not impossible but extremely unlikely for that to happen here. The largest town in my county has 4300 people. Lots of people have 300 win mags and 30-30s behind their seat, (myself including, also a Sig 226) In my life, 24 years, we had one prison escape, and one hold up at a gas station, that I can remember.
If I live somewhere else, you bet your boots I would carry.
@Wyatt Smith
And old Flory still sits down at the court house and white lightening is still the biggest thrill of all.
Oh for the dimple life again
Bob
Dr Ray and .455 Webley Greene,
Here you go. My collapsible baton (aka an ASP). Concealable, and you could beat a knife wielder back to Sydney or Melbourne (whichevers’ closer) with it! Ha! Ha! Ha!
CEH

View attachment 426000View attachment 426001
@CoElkHunter
If'n we got caught with that the crm would go free and we would be charged with having a concealed weapon.
Bob

Oh, some stores sell "Novelty Handcuffs"

I heard that somewherecan't verify it of course
@CBH Australia
Chris have you been shopping at naughty and nice again.
Did you get the ones with the pink or purple fur.
Ha ha ha ha ha

@Wyatt Smith
And old Flory still sits down at the court house and white lightening is still the biggest thrill of all.
Oh for the dimple life again
Bob

@CoElkHunter
If'n we got caught with that the crm would go free and we would be charged with having a concealed weapon.
Bob
Well, don’t get caught with it! Ha! Ha!

I’m told there a some very sturdy change purses that double as blackjacks, of corse I wouldn’t know anything about that being Canadian.
@Skinnersblade
Now young Lawrence you shouldn't talk like that. You should know you should keep your change purse in your hand bag.
Ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

@CBH Australia
Chris have you been shopping at naughty and nice again.
Did you get the ones with the pink or purple fur.
Ha ha ha ha ha

Oh, you know the ones I heard about.

As I said , I can't verify it.
Did someone say they come in colours? Not here I don't think.

Learning every day.

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen

Mate, if you have caught a glimpse of the latest Flying Doctors TV series you will see your favourite pub.
Drag Karaoke, Drag Two -Up and Bloody Drag Queens in the final episode.
Not the Broken Hill culture I know.
Apparently there are a handful of Drag Queens here but , each to their own. Please do not get the idea it's the local culture

For anyone else out there. It's a good series.

Funny seeing local landmarks referred to as different places.

Oh, you know the ones I heard about.

As I said , I can't verify it.
Did someone say they come in colours? Not here I don't think.

Learning every day.
@CBH Australia
They were in that broken heel pack you sent. They still had the store name and price on them. That's why I thought you knew all about them.
Bob

@Bob Nelson 35Whelen

Mate, if you have caught a glimpse of the latest Flying Doctors TV series you will see your favourite pub.
Drag Karaoke, Drag Two -Up and Bloody Drag Queens in the final episode.
Not the Broken Hill culture I know.
Apparently there are a handful of Drag Queens here but , each to their own. Please do not get the idea it's the local culture

For anyone else out there. It's a good series.

Funny seeing local landmarks referred to as different places.
@CBH Australia
have caught a few glimpses of it but didn't see Mario's tho. Luckily we know it's not a true representation of the Hill mate but others with less knowledge than us may see it differently.
That's life of entertainment my friend. Look what Prescilla Queen of the desert did for the town.
Chin up mate have a cup of tea put your tutu on and go and slap them with your handbag deary.
Ha ha ha ha ha ha ha
Bob

I thank God I am American and live in the Land of the Free!!! Nice to be a citizen and not a subject under a crown.
I have a question as why do Americans have to wait to take possession of a gun, and use FFL and such. I n Canada I can buy a gun and the post office delivers it to my door. Granted we don't get cool guns like the Americans, but if.we own a gun already we don't have to wait to get another.

Just seems silly

I have a question as why do Americans have to wait to take possession of a gun, and use FFL and such. I n Canada I can buy a gun and the post office delivers it to my door. Granted we don't get cool guns like the Americans, but if.we own a gun already we don't have to wait to get another.

Just seems silly
On the first question - lots of states do not require a waiting period to buy a firearm. I've never had to put up with a waiting period and (anti-gun laws in general) was one reason I turned down a transfer to California years ago. Our state governments do have some serious powers, however - not always a bad thing with the libs often in control of the federal part of our government.

On the post office delivery thing - the assassination of a president with a mail order rifle had a far reaching effect on that score.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
HowardDove

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,