Most surprising/had to have animal on your first Safari

I agree that hunting eland is as tough as hunting roan and a lot like hunting buffalo if you track them. Frankly, I love hunting eland and they are the best eating antelope in my opinion.

'was spoiled on my first trip to Africa many moons ago by a good friend that was retiring as PH... He and his trackers worked hard and got me the spiral horn slam giraffe oryx wildebeest warthog piles of Impala to feed the village zebra the longest Bushbuck I've ever seen and nearly being run over by elephants along the Limpopo River hunting on both sides in South Africa and Zimbabwe will never be forgotten! And the hardest hunt was the eland as well as the best meal on Earth!!! First animal taken was a Nyala. A dream come true repeated many times since.

You can add me to the Waterbuck list. Just something majestic about them.

Mine never crossed my mind until... was a free range black impala. I never thought I would ever shoot one much less a free range. You can see he lost some of his ear to frostbite.

Zebra was the other, they are smart.

Screenshot_20210928-224609_Gallery.jpg
Screenshot_20210928-224656_Gallery.jpg

Kevin on Zebra -
Have you ever raised Welsh Ponies or even horses? I have and do, so no Zebra for me.
A zebra ain't no pony;)

I was a no-go on Zebra before I went. Not anymore.
Same with Baboon.

I used to think I would not be interested in a Zebra but after seeing a rug I believe I will take one if given the opportunity

I didn't care to hunt one.
I regret not buying a Zebra skin on my way out. About $100 at the airport.

I have floor space for it and they were not that expensive.
I used to think I would not be interested in a Zebra but after seeing a rug I believe I will take one if given the opportunity

I'm hunting 12 days and it'll be in the Omay North with Dalton&York Safaris. Deposit is paid and we are officially booked. 1st-12th of July 2023 unless we have to move it a few days one way or the other. The eland is more and more interesting but I would guess like you said it will be mostly a case of Buffalo and Tuskless and then whatever other chance encounters we have.
Your doing it right. Great outfitter and a great area you will be spoiled from here on. All of our other trips to Zim. have been perfect, but there will always be something special about the first trip. Enjoy everything and having your wife along will only enhance the experience, my wife hunts and I can have just as much fun walking along while she hunts as when I'm hunting. If your wife is not a hunter, don't be surprised if she changes her mind while your there, and wants to take an animal or two.

I'm hoping that she does. We are gonna get her practiced up with the 30/06 just in case. Better to be safe than sorry

I didn't care to hunt one.
I regret not buying a Zebra skin on my way out. About $100 at the airport.

I have floor space for it and they were not that expensive.
I think you have the price wrong......$100 may get you a felt hat with a fake zebra skin band but not a zebra flat skin

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DulcieSchi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.
dogcat1 wrote on WAB's profile.
They are yours. Please send your contact info and which pair you want.
Thanks,
Ross
FDP wrote on dogcat1's profile.
Hello, did both follow through with their transactions? If not, I'll take a pair