Montana rifle or cz?

Montana built me a rifle in 425 Westley Richards. Had to have the action lapped and the feed ramp redone. Now it works perfect. Seems the QC on Montana was down for a while. Love the action. CZ I have 5 in big calibers the only real problem is the trigger on the 505 Gibbs.
 
Montana built me a rifle in 425 Westley Richards. Had to have the action lapped and the feed ramp redone. Now it works perfect. Seems the QC on Montana was down for a while. Love the action. CZ I have 5 in big calibers the only real problem is the trigger on the 505 Gibbs.

If you have the time and inclination, AHR's CZ 550 replacement single stage match trigger is wonderful. I have one on my 500 Jeffery and it's the best trigger I have on any rifle including my ancient M700 BDL in 270 that was worked over by Norm Thompson who was an absolute artist with Rem 700 triggers, and an awesome gentleman too.
 
I will look into the trigger thanks for the info
 
Thanks for the info but this gun I ordered is in 458 lott and it will weigh right at 8 pounds my 375 weighs around 8 which I think is about right weight

Better you than me, I'm 5'9 weighing 180lbs. I have Rem XCR II in 375 Weatherby that weighs in at 7 1/2 lbs with a 2x7 Leupold Scope on it. It's nice with 375 H&H ammo, a bit brisk with full house 375 Weatherby loads (300g at 2800 fps). It's real accurate and pleasant to shoot off hand or kneeling. Got my first brown bear with it at 13 yards. An 8lb 458 Lott is another proposition in my mind. I think it's going to come back at you a bit. I also have a CZ 550 in 500 Jeffery that weighs ll.25 lbs undloaded, with a 570g TSX at 2400 fps it will set your ears back.
 
Yes it will be lively they set the date back too the end of October I'll let you know how it goes when it's delivered
 
Myself and a friend of mine both owned a CZ 550 SAfari in 458 Lott. I sold my and Bobby lost his in a river in Mozambuique. We both then ordered and had built Montana Rifle Company Model 1999 in 458 Lott. The winner is the Model 1999 hands down. Don't get me wrong, the CZ is a very good rifle, but the Modell 1999 had features that gave it the edge.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,290
Messages
1,571,802
Members
169,416
Latest member
wanda_tiller
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top