Mixology report, whats your favorite mixed drink?

1617941072297.png

This is the Dawa "medicine" cocktail interesting one for safari.​

INGREDIENTS​

Nutrition
    lime, quartered and thickly sliced
    tablespoon honey
    teaspoon caster sugar
    ounces vodka

• ice, preferably small chips or crushed ice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Anybody ever cut a hole in a watermelon and pour vodka in it and then eat the watermelon after the vodka soaks through the melon? I was somewhere once when that was done, and it actually was pretty good.
I did this alot in my younger days. I did it once then put the watermelon chunks in Sangria...to say it hit people pretty hard would be an understatement.

I did this alot in my younger days. I did it once then put the watermelon chunks in Sangria...to say it hit people pretty hard would be an understatement.
I'll bet!

3yr old KWV Brandy and coke
Whiskey(I like smokey peat moss) with a dash of water

Both with a lot of ice........

Cold beer when it is hot
Can't you find anything fresher than 3yr old Brandy? My beer can't be older than a month? Ha! Ha! Ha!

My dad hasnt, but always made it on hunting trips.
He was born in 1919 and ran shine until and after ww2.
That could have got him a pass to the big house.
After shooting P Dogs all day nothing better than a pint of pale ale with about 6 stuffed green olives,
famously called a "South Dakota Martini"
Otherwise a really good highend Bourbons on a few cubes
Mmm,
I take it the olives are on a plate with cheese and salami right?
No prairie dogs in Australia but we have some good pale ales. But don't drop the olives in.

Mmm,
No prairie dogs in Australia but we have some good pale ales. But don't drop the olives in.
Nope. Im the us you are allowed to make up to 5 gallons of alcohol at home. Haha

Mmm,
No prairie dogs in OZ? Oh, we'll have to figure out a way to solve that issue. I'm thinking a few crates of them on a Chinese cargo ship to OZ oughta do it. It'll be an environmental/wildlife project paid through a Covid stimulus package to guarantee they won't be in danger of extinction from the virus here in the US. Hope you have lots of .224 bullets, cause in a few years you'll need them. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Nope. Im the us you are allowed to make up to 5 gallons of alcohol at home. Haha
And in several states, several pounds per household of the devil weed. But, OZ does have Bundy. Ha! Ha! Ha!

Yorsh is my current creation. It is a russian drink of beer and vodka. Interesting how the flavor changes with different beers.
Will be working on this one for a long long time !

In Poland we call this the submarine, it has such an effect on me as to make me submerge under the table. Never knew a person could actually enjoy it, live and learn!

In Australia we have Bundaberg Rum,
Most drink it with Coke.
It has been done with Lemonade, I like it in Ginger beer best.
Ive had it in Orange Juice
The other day @Bob Nelson 35Whelen said try it in iced tea with lemon, wtf?

I was sick so it couldn't hurt. I added a little water I like my tea weak.
It's not bad, worth a try.
View attachment 397052
@CBH
Chris I said you would enjoy it. You have gone the 280AI next step is a Whelen.
Bob

@CBH
Chris I said you would enjoy it. You have gone the 280AI next step is a Whelen.
Bob
Funny you say that, I've been thinking I don't own a pump action but they occassionally turn up in ,35Whelen
If Usedguns wasn't broken I could have a look.

Macallan over a ball of ice or if it must be a mixed drink I’ll have Bombay Sapphire and tonic or a whiskey sour.
It is 6am and reading this thread has me wondering just how much I would be missed at the office this morning should I just start day drinking. You can’t drink all day unless you start in the morning!

Anybody ever cut a hole in a watermelon and pour vodka in it and then eat the watermelon after the vodka soaks through the melon? I was somewhere once when that was done, and it actually was pretty good.
When I would go to the Alafia River Rendezvous in Florida, I camped around a bunch of folks from Georgia. They would take fresh peaches and cut them into chunks, and then put them in a big tub with Jack Daniel's. Mix. And then fill quart jars of it to make pickled peaches.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
PWA703

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.