Mechanical Broadhead Question

In my opinion speed is the last thing you should ever chase as a bow hunter except if you want to shoot heavier arrows at the same speed.
I have hunted and guided hundreds of these small critters in Africa and on Duiker and Steenbok both traditional hunters and compound shooters have an equal chance of hitting them well, "all other factors equal". That is to say if you are accurate enough.
What I always advise is to make your bow as quiet as possible and then double as quiet as that. Only shoot at a relaxed animal (and a drinking animal is not relaxed at all. More like a coiled spring.)
Then aim well, release well and follow through.
 
Well stated Fritz,
There are so many variables with a bow and no two shots will ever be the same.
The best you can do is make sure your equipment is set correctly, aim well, release well and follow through.

"OR JUST USE A SURE SIGHT" (y) it will improve your chances
 
Your Honor, the jury has reach a verdict:

After hearing much testimony from 4 different web sources I have decided to stay with the broadheads that has brought me to the dances with 50# and higher poundage bows. I am sticking with my long proven, dependable COC 3-blade, 125 gr. VPA's and Woodsmen Elite BH's.

I see nothing to convince me that a mechanical will out perform my COC, especially with a 50# bow. I do appreciate everyone's thoughts, views, and opinions.

I appreciate all responses that have been provided. Thanks
 
After hearing much testimony from 4 different web sources I have decided to stay with the broadheads that has brought me to the dances with 50# and higher poundage bows. I am sticking with my long proven, dependable COC 3-blade, 125 gr. VPA's and Woodsmen Elite BH's.

I see nothing to convince me that a mechanical will out perform my COC, especially with a 50# bow. I do appreciate everyone's thoughts, views, and opinions.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it. Never been a fan of mechanicals and never will be. The only category in which a mechanical will consistently out-perform a COC is in it's failure rate. Excellent choice and best of luck to you!
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,253
Messages
1,570,778
Members
169,165
Latest member
scuritvabea1985
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

autofire wrote on ThinAirHunter's profile.
I think forum prohibits making reference or giving personal references to PH/Outfitters that don't advertise on this forum.

But you can call me. I would be happy to discuss Cape Buffalo .

Bob 813-310-6992
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
 
Top