Mauser -Werke model 66 3 barrel set

Mark Biggerstaff

Gold supporter
AH legend
Joined
Feb 28, 2017
Messages
4,284
Reaction score
15,275
Location
Texas
Media
281
Hunting reports
Africa
9
USA/Canada
1
Hunted
Texas, Louisiana, South Africa,
Has anyone any idea on this? Ran across it today at gunshop.
Mauser Werke model 66
3 barrel set.
7mm Rem Mag, 375 HH, 458 win mag

IMG_4445.jpg
 
A rifle I would enjoy owning someday. Prices seem to be all over the place.

Look up USOG on youtube. He has talked about them a number of times.
 
A rifle I would enjoy owning someday. Prices seem to be all over the place.

Look up USOG on youtube. He has talked about them a number of times.

Yea I see prices all over place.
I don’t need it that’s for sure. But the urge to buy it is there.
 
A friend of mine has one in .308 Win and another in 7mm Rem Mag. Neat rifles and accurate.
 
Super cool setup! I’ve looked at a couple in the past and would love to have one with multiple barrels - I would want to be into that one you posted for about $3,000-$3,500. Seen quite a few for big dollars but I doubt they ever sold.
 
Super cool setup! I’ve looked at a couple in the past and would love to have one with multiple barrels - I would want to be into that one you posted for about $3,000-$3,500. Seen quite a few for big dollars but I doubt they ever sold.

That’s about where it’s priced at. $3500
Like it sits. It is on consignment.
 
Interesting rifle set-up. Sounds reasonable for all that you are getting.
 
Hi,just joined the forums,I have 2 Mauser 66 rifles,ones a 1966 model Europa that’s engraved etc in 3006 and the other is a model big game,which is a 375 h. The big game model is a lot heavier and the bolt action unit is larger then there magnum,also the magazine length is longer then the magnum version. its possible to get custom barrels in 404,416 Rigby etc though these would be made in Germany. I’m very tempted to see if I can get a 338 Laupa made for mine there’s a gun maker in no who could do it. These rifles are very well made and very accurate,far more than just a take down rifle. wished that was in no,I’d grab it and see about sorting the 458 into a lot. cheers Mark
 
You'll find this interesting.
FB_IMG_1609838417282_01.jpg

I used one in .30-06 to take all of my plains game during one safari, including my largest ever Kudu bull. You can see the photo on my media page. Very accurate rifle. Of course, it's a push Feed rifle, so if you're one of those guys with push Feed phobia... Then, this isn't for you. I personally found it very reliable.
 
Buy it and you'll be done with it!
The M66, invented by Gehmann and bought by Mauser, is even sturdier than the M98. It's telescopic receiver makes it a short and handy rifle compared to the classic M98. The M66, the Sauer 80/90 and the Steyr Mannlichers were the best manufacture rifles you could buy in the 70s. The price is nearly a steal compared to the prices for such a combo here in Germany.
 
If you´re in the US, here are spare parts available:

The Mauser 66 is the first really modular rifle, good for traveling (take down), precise and (at least in Germany) inexpensive.
A new barrel costs you approx. 800-1000 €.
There are two different system lengths available, standard (up to 85mm) and magnum (up to 95mm) suitable up to the big game cartridges.
From 12mm rim up to 14,9mm rim everything is possible.
 

Attachments

  • Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 6.56.49 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 6.56.49 AM Large.jpeg
    107.6 KB · Views: 441
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 6.56.51 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 6.56.51 AM Large.jpeg
    147.7 KB · Views: 392
  • Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 6.56.53 AM Large.jpeg
    Screen Shot 2022-09-28 at 6.56.53 AM Large.jpeg
    146.6 KB · Views: 517
Grandfather of swap barrel system for Blaser r93, R8, Mauser 03.

Aswell as a very good and efficient sniper version they were in.
 
You'll find this interesting.View attachment 491954
I used one in .30-06 to take all of my plains game during one safari, including my largest ever Kudu bull. You can see the photo on my media page. Very accurate rifle. Of course, it's a push Feed rifle, so if you're one of those guys with push Feed phobia... Then, this isn't for you. I personally found it very reliable.
Great! I remember indeed De Marchi in Turin was the Italian dealer for Mauser, then Bignami of Ora - Bolzano. I had many 66 in the shop over the years, very accurate, dependable, good looking rifles. I wish to find one in 270 for me!
 
Great! I remember indeed De Marchi in Turin was the Italian dealer for Mauser, then Bignami of Ora - Bolzano. I had many 66 in the shop over the years, very accurate, dependable, good looking rifles. I wish to find one in 270 for me!
Same here. I’d go for a three barrel set in .243 Winchester, .30-06 Springfield and .458 Winchester Magnum.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,315
Messages
1,572,635
Members
169,597
Latest member
Stevenpoeni
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top