Mauser rifles

there are some beautiful rifles around that are easy to REALLY want, and the mauser is one of them.
my own position is that i would be wise not to look at them.given that i will never shoot an elephant or a rhino, my current 9.3x64 will have to do.
it consists of a mk10mauser action purched for Aust$200.00, and a lothar walther prechambered barrel fitted and headspaced by a gunsmith.
the stock i made myself from a $200.00 blank i had for 20 uears.
the stock is painted black to hide the car bog used to fix mistakes.
in the real world it shoots around the moa, and with 300 gn swift aframes will take on anything i am likely to shoot.
lighter bullets make it versatile.
it does the job, but has no wow factor.
bruce.
Rifles don't need to be fancy, they just need to be good.

Another old thread.
I find it interesting. I look at Bruce Moulds old thread s as I met him once. A humble man but one who said what he thought, maybe easily misunderstood but honest and with good intentions.
@Red Leg I see you both apologised and both big enough to do so.
Somewhere among threads here I said to Bruce he's acting like a cranky old man but he understood what I meant.
After his passing I learned a bit about Bruce from his family and friends. Yes he was direct but we'll meaning.
Bob Nelson and I must seem odd to many of you but it's a difference of nationality that sees humour in different things.
Like Bruce I can't justify the expense of these fine rifles but I appreciate them.
I learned Bruce had quite a bit of experience and had handed a good many firearms.
What he could afford, or would justify on a firearm might be different things too.

Another old thread.
I find it interesting. I look at Bruce Moulds old thread s as I met him once. A humble man but one who said what he thought, maybe easily misunderstood but honest and with good intentions.
@Red Leg I see you both apologised and both big enough to do so.
Somewhere among threads here I said to Bruce he's acting like a cranky old man but he understood what I meant.
After his passing I learned a bit about Bruce from his family and friends. Yes he was direct but we'll meaning.
Bob Nelson and I must seem odd to many of you but it's a difference of nationality that sees humour in different things.
Like Bruce I can't justify the expense of these fine rifles but I appreciate them.
I learned Bruce had quite a bit of experience and had handed a good many firearms.
What he could afford, or would justify on a firearm might be different things too.
We did not always agree, but I had great respect for his opinions. Informed directness is a blessed thing, and he was a man who obviously had earned the right to express himself directly.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
BrittGibb4

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross