Mauser bolt conversion

Russ16

AH legend
Joined
Nov 10, 2024
Messages
2,275
Reaction score
4,600
Location
Mid-Atlantic
Media
2
Hunting reports
Africa
1
Europe
1
Hunted
US (34 states), Canada, Mexico, Argentina, Azerbaijan, Romania, Scotland, Zimbabwe
I have a M96 Swedish Mauser that I picked up in college for cheap. Fun gun to shoot.

I’d like to convert the straight bolt handle to a bent one so I can put a scope on it.

Does anyone have a recommendation for the best person to do that without breaking the bank? I’m not looking to create a high end custom gun just want to make a more useful plinker.

I might consider putting a shorter barrel on it at some point too.
 
I have a 96 with a bolt done by this guy. I bought the project from a friend. The work is very nice and I don’t plan to change anything about it myself.

 
If it's still in original condition, I'd sell it as is (that's a $700 rifle now) and get one of the Swedish factory sporters Simpson Ltd. has for half your proceeds.
 
If it's still in original condition, I'd sell it as is (that's a $700 rifle now) and get one of the Swedish factory sporters Simpson Ltd. has for half your proceeds.

It’s in a cheap plastic stock. I have the original but dint have one of the metal bands that goes across the front of the action and stock don’t know what it’s called. Other than that all original.

I think I paid $110 for it in the 90s.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,571,757
Members
169,410
Latest member
tealish
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top