Mattrix

If you mean Matrix Gunsmithing LLC, they are in business but not excepting new orders. Their website says they are overwhelmed with work and diligently trying to complete all of the orders they have on hand.
 
Just seems unusual the lack of info on this site concerning them. AHR was openly and freely discussed over the years here on AH but Mattrix customers seem to be on the quiet side of this forum.
 
Just seems unusual the lack of info on this site concerning them. AHR was openly and freely discussed over the years here on AH but Mattrix customers seem to be on the quiet side of this forum.

I think Matrix is doing their best but are completely overwhelmed. I had a mixed experience communicating with them (had a great conversation with the gunsmith and very spotty/inconsistent communication with the business manager), so I eventually decided to sell my CZ550 instead of waiting an indefinite amount of time to get the work done. I never worked with AHR so I can't compare, but it seems like most were pretty happy with their work and service.

But this isn't limited to Matrix: I contacted a really good smith local to me about doing the work, and he quoted 12+ months wait to get the work done, as he prioritizes new custom rifle builds (understandable). It's rough out there.
 
Canyon Creek did a lot of AHR’s stock work and are excellent at metal work if you are looking for an alternative.
 
When I was wanting my 500 S&W re-barreled recently I hit multiple "good" smiths that were even 2yrs or so out.

It's amazing how much work seems to be out there for gunsmiths, I got lucky and took a chance on an odd avenue and have my 1/12 twist 500 S&W now, but yea, it seems that the known good smiths are drowning in success.

Most people don't realize such a thing exists, but you can fail because you're succeeding so wildly, I worked for a company that was doing it, comes along with not knowing how to turn down work, well, sometimes.

Not that that's happening to these guys, but, just for some candor.
 
We've just had to tack on another 2 weeks to the estimate for our work in general gunsmithing. There's been a disproportionate amount of gunsmithing to gun sales recently.
 
Thank you for replying. When I think about the change I realize we lost 2 Brno/CZ smiths. The CZ Pro shop went out of buisness and AHR ended any modification work on CZ/Brno.
Sad
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,286
Messages
1,571,703
Members
169,399
Latest member
JulianePon
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top