Man survives leopard attack

NamStay

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
man-oorleef-luiperdaanval2017-10-250.jpg

A shepherd (59) survived an attack by no one but two leopards in the Karibib area on Monday.

According to the Erongo Region's Coordinator of Crime Investigation, Adj.komm. Erastus Iikuyu, fought the man for his life to turn off one of the predators.

"Shepherd, Mr. David Dantatzao was almost killed by the two leopards at the farm Domeb in the Karibib district at about 10:00 when he fed sheep, "said Iikuyu.

"Dantatzao managed to kill a young leopard female with a knife and a spear."

Iikuyu said the shepherd had serious injuries and was taken to the Usako state hospital for treatment. His condition is described as stable.

man-oorleef-luiperdaanval2017-10-251.jpg

The original version in Afrikaans below:

Man oorleef luiperdaanval

'n Skaapwagter (59) het Maandag 'n aanval deur nie een nie, maar twee luiperds, in die Karibib-omgewing oorleef.

Volgens die Erongostreek se koördineerder van misdaadondersoeke, adj.komm. Erastus Iikuyu, het die man om sy lewe geveg om een van die roofdiere af te weer.

“'n Skaapwagter, mnr. David Dantatzao, is na bewering omstreeks 10:00 byna deur twee luiperds op die plaas Domeb in die Karibib-distrik bokveld toe gestuur toe hy skape laat wei het,” het Iikuyu gesê.

“Dantatzao kon daarin slaag om een jong luiperdwyfie met 'n sakmes en 'n spies dood te steek.”

Iikuyu het gesê die skaapwagter het ernstige beserings opgedoen en is vir behandeling na die Usako-staatshospitaal geneem. Sy toestand word as stabiel beskryf.

Source: https://www.republikein.com.na/nuus/man-oorleef-luiperdaanval2017201720172017-OctOct-WedWed/

Wow!!! He took one out with a knife and a spear! Hope he comes through ok

Lots of this going on in Namibia. Now that you can’t hunt with hounds the leopard population is booming. My friends in the southern part of Namibia, where there are not normally leopards and it’s sheep country, have had many problem leopards including one attack on a farmer. This will lead to large scale poisoning! Regardless of the excuses all methods should be made legal for sport hunting. You reap what you sow.
Philip

Wow!!! He took one out with a knife and a spear! Hope he comes through ok

One lucky man! I would hasten to add that when fighting for your life you can do amazing things.

That poor guy will need a lot of stitches!

Last edited by a moderator:
Exactly what I was thinking Charlie!

Too bad Peter Capstick isn't still here writing. That man deserves a spot in one of his Leopard chapters for sure.

Too bad Peter Capstick isn't still here writing. That man deserves a spot in one of his Leopard chapters for sure.

It would no doubt be a heck of a write up!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LawerenceC

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!