Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
I see in various places on the net that the price for these beautiful Mauser rifles like mine have skyrocketed to as much as $13000 depending on wood grade, and more for the named grades like Magnum, Diplomat, DWM etc., the Expert being the least expensive.

Rigby HS rifles seem to be going the same way from what little I found.

I got mine, an Expert in 7x57 just a short time ago and paid $7500 for it, seems like a huge jump in prices!

Anyone else notice this?

I see in various places on the net that the price for these beautiful Mauser rifles like mine have skyrocketed to as much as $13000 depending on wood grade, and more for the named grades like Magnum, Diplomat, DWM etc., the Expert being the least expensive.

Rigby HS rifles seem to be going the same way from what little I found.

I got mine, an Expert in 7x57 just a short time ago and paid $7500 for it, seems like a huge jump in prices!

Anyone else notice this?

Ses any links to look at to make it easier than me sitting for ages trying to wait for fkn satellite to decide its cooperating?....and if so can someone buy me the lovely m98 in 7x57 that's been sitting in the gunshop here for ages....I promise to look after it and you can use it whenever you come here...Will throw in a bushbuck and blue duiker every year .....

Heres one for ya.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.14.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.14.52 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 204
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.14.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.14.53 AM.png
    521.3 KB · Views: 210
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.14.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.14.55 AM.png
    521.3 KB · Views: 239
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.14.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.14.57 AM.png
    348.1 KB · Views: 218
Wow I see what you mean....the one time went to dsc 2 years ago was talking to someone on the mauser stand and he walked me around to a dealer, and I got offered a 7x57 for bit under $ 7000 ...in the old days before fkn divorce lawyers I would have jumped on it....might have to ask what terms he will do at the shop here....but owe him a shit load already....

Yes, my friend Jerry sells them on gunbroker and all of his begin at around 13k. I think the Mauser is just as pretty as the HS. The Heym express is now 13k plus as well. The Rigby depending on wood grade and add one can be north of 20k.

He and Rigby are doing a limited production of 10 Rigby Highland stalkers (338 win), case color, spoon handle, etc. Only 10 will be made… we discussed price yesterday and I’m out.

Yes, my friend Jerry sells them on gunbroker and all of his begin at around 13k. I think the Mauser is just as pretty as the HS. The Heym express is now 13k plus as well. The Rigby depending on wood grade and add one can be north of 20k.

He and Rigby are doing a limited production of 10 Rigby Highland stalkers (338 win), case color, spoon handle, etc. Only 10 will be made… we discussed price yesterday and I’m out.
Any idea what prompted the huge jump in prices?

At these prices buying old Rigby’s at English auctions such as Holts, Bonhams, Gavin Gardiner, Southams look like bargains. Even if the barrels are shot out a Walther (German) barrel is only a couple of hundred dollars.

I would love to trade a pre-war Rigby medium single square bridge Rifle in .404J. This rifle was originally chambered in .350 Rigby. Rigby did the rechambering and reboring. What would I like to trade for? A new Martini-Mauser Heym in .404J.

Anyone else notice this?
Any idea what prompted the huge jump in prices?

I predicted it, when zbrojovka phased out cz 550 from production.

It created vaccuum on the market. Prices jumped. And while there are still some options for medium action lenghts and medium calibers, there are no magnum actions anymore for economic prrices for m98 rifles, in production..

Remaining options are:
1. Pay the price for new mauser.

2. Consider winchester m70, or zastava m70 while they are still in production. (no magnum action) And consider additional upgrades for them, if you want fancy. (like new stock, etc)

3, consider 2nd hand market, but prices will jump there as well.

4. Consider other rifle system, not CRF

I just won this Ron Wharton 275 at Holts today. The scope will be replaced with something more aesthetic.

B15514CC-291B-4F1F-BC42-A4F4C414AB90.png

Last edited by a moderator:
I just won this Ron Wharton 275 at Holts today. The scope will be replaced with something more aesthetic.

Nice, I was bidding on the Crudgington bolt action in .375H&H. But alas, no luck this time.

You did not go for the Rigby in .275? It went unsold at 1600£ I believe.

Nice, I was bidding on the Crudgington bolt action in .375H&H. But alas, no luck this time.

You did not go for the Rigby in .275? It went unsold at 1600£ I believe.
I have one already. I’ve got this thing about A, Mauser actions and B, 275s built on them in England. Add a TT Proctor into the mix also.

15BD4D53-27E9-45C0-957F-484C400BD3A8.jpeg
EB0C68D6-867E-4F4C-A958-B8C1D1B304AE.jpeg

I was ready to buy a Heym express recently until I found out the price. Jeeze, they're as much as I paid for my second double!! I was thinking they were around 8500 the last time I looked........uh no.

View attachment 441615

Saw that in their email catalogue...but sorry the stock really doesn't do it for me...would be first thing gone...hope price was in your favour :D Beers:

Saw that in their email catalogue...but sorry the stock really doesn't do it for me...would be first thing gone...hope price was in your favour :D Beers:
Was also thinking that from an "aesthetic" perspective, a wood rasp would be a good place to start. :E Shrug: :E Angel:

Was also thinking that from an "aesthetic" perspective, a wood rasp would be a good place to start. :E Shrug: :E Angel:
I think that was the point, I believe there was a blank of wood with it, no?

View attachment 441615

Lol. @VertigoBE was bidding against you on that one I think. It stood out to me as a gun that would sell under value. I think the stock has enough meat to be reworked into a righty English stalking rifle without using the extra blank.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MUABritney

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross