Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Tanzania, Botswana, Zimbabwe (2), Namibia (2), South Africa (2)
I see in various places on the net that the price for these beautiful Mauser rifles like mine have skyrocketed to as much as $13000 depending on wood grade, and more for the named grades like Magnum, Diplomat, DWM etc., the Expert being the least expensive.

Rigby HS rifles seem to be going the same way from what little I found.

I got mine, an Expert in 7x57 just a short time ago and paid $7500 for it, seems like a huge jump in prices!

Anyone else notice this?

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
I see in various places on the net that the price for these beautiful Mauser rifles like mine have skyrocketed to as much as $13000 depending on wood grade, and more for the named grades like Magnum, Diplomat, DWM etc., the Expert being the least expensive.

Rigby HS rifles seem to be going the same way from what little I found.

I got mine, an Expert in 7x57 just a short time ago and paid $7500 for it, seems like a huge jump in prices!

Anyone else notice this?

Ses any links to look at to make it easier than me sitting for ages trying to wait for fkn satellite to decide its cooperating?....and if so can someone buy me the lovely m98 in 7x57 that's been sitting in the gunshop here for ages....I promise to look after it and you can use it whenever you come here...Will throw in a bushbuck and blue duiker every year .....

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Heres one for ya.

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.14.52 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.14.52 AM.png
    2 MB · Views: 8
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.14.53 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.14.53 AM.png
    521.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.14.55 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.14.55 AM.png
    521.3 KB · Views: 10
  • Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.14.57 AM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-06-14 at 11.14.57 AM.png
    348.1 KB · Views: 11

spike.t

Sponsor
Since 2013
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Website
www.takerireservezambia.com
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
sci int, basc,wpaz
Hunted
zambia, tanzania, zimbabwe,Mozambique ,hungary, france, england
Wow I see what you mean....the one time went to dsc 2 years ago was talking to someone on the mauser stand and he walked me around to a dealer, and I got offered a 7x57 for bit under $ 7000 ...in the old days before fkn divorce lawyers I would have jumped on it....might have to ask what terms he will do at the shop here....but owe him a shit load already....

Andrew Short

Silver supporter
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
Mex/S.Amer
Member of
Lifetime member NRA
Yes, my friend Jerry sells them on gunbroker and all of his begin at around 13k. I think the Mauser is just as pretty as the HS. The Heym express is now 13k plus as well. The Rigby depending on wood grade and add one can be north of 20k.

He and Rigby are doing a limited production of 10 Rigby Highland stalkers (338 win), case color, spoon handle, etc. Only 10 will be made… we discussed price yesterday and I’m out.

WAB

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Member of
DSC, NRA, SCI
Hunted
Zambia, Botswana, Mozambique, South Africa, Zimbabwe, Namibia, Scotland, England, Canada, Alaska, Ireland
Glad we bought our HS when we did. I’d be out at those prices.

sestoppelman

AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA, NA Hunt Club
Hunted
Yes, my friend Jerry sells them on gunbroker and all of his begin at around 13k. I think the Mauser is just as pretty as the HS. The Heym express is now 13k plus as well. The Rigby depending on wood grade and add one can be north of 20k.

He and Rigby are doing a limited production of 10 Rigby Highland stalkers (338 win), case color, spoon handle, etc. Only 10 will be made… we discussed price yesterday and I’m out.
Any idea what prompted the huge jump in prices?

Sika98k

AH enthusiast
Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
Europe
Member of
Wild Deer Association of Ireland
Hunted
Kenya,Namibia, Croatia, Morocco Ireland,Scotland,Denmark, Romania, Sweden,Norway,Latvia,Germany,Hungary,
At these prices buying old Rigby’s at English auctions such as Holts, Bonhams, Gavin Gardiner, Southams look like bargains. Even if the barrels are shot out a Walther (German) barrel is only a couple of hundred dollars.

Tokoloshe Safaris

Sponsor
Since 2017
AH fanatic
Reaction score
Website
www.tokoloshesafaris.com
Media
Articles
Member of
Life Member Safari International
Hunted
Zimbabwe, South Africa, Tanzania
I would love to trade a pre-war Rigby medium single square bridge Rifle in .404J. This rifle was originally chambered in .350 Rigby. Rigby did the rechambering and reboring. What would I like to trade for? A new Martini-Mauser Heym in .404J.

mark-hunter

AH legend
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunted
Namibia - Kalahari, Namibia - Khomas highland
Anyone else notice this?
Any idea what prompted the huge jump in prices?

I predicted it, when zbrojovka phased out cz 550 from production.

It created vaccuum on the market. Prices jumped. And while there are still some options for medium action lenghts and medium calibers, there are no magnum actions anymore for economic prrices for m98 rifles, in production..

Remaining options are:
1. Pay the price for new mauser.

2. Consider winchester m70, or zastava m70 while they are still in production. (no magnum action) And consider additional upgrades for them, if you want fancy. (like new stock, etc)

3, consider 2nd hand market, but prices will jump there as well.

4. Consider other rifle system, not CRF

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
RandellSta

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Who provides you with an interpretive safari to enlighten your wilderness experience. We are safari outfitters specializing in excellent custom or Tailormade safaris in Tanzania. If you are looking for a safari in Tanzania, you have come to the right place and the right safari company. We create Best Memories of your African Safari
Hello to All members of this group, My name is Basili Agustino I have just joined this great community with the, Vervet safari and tours Tanzania which is a focused Tanzanian tour company that provides travel services that are personally designed and professionally guided by Tanzania’s finest and highly trained professional safari guides,
eballo wrote on doubleboy's profile.
Is the Parker still for sale?
hunt 65 wrote on Bullthrower338's profile.
You ever sell the Hyme 458 Lott?
Bob Nelson 35Whelen wrote on jwp475's profile.
@jwp475
If you need help with your Whelen loads please PM me
Bob