Looking for IMR 4831

Attachments

• Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 10.20.01 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 10.20.01 PM.png
    1.8 MB · Views: 102
  • Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 10.20.02 PM.png
    Screen Shot 2021-02-11 at 10.20.02 PM.png
    2.3 MB · Views: 92
I hear ya! They hurt my feelings too. Been looking for that and H4831 and IMR 4350 and the prices are just outrageous on GB. Problem is, nobody has any to sell.

I know. A local store had some Reloader 19 for all of 45 minutes. Was all sold out by the time I got there. Ive been trying to find some IMR 4350 and 7828 as well, but no luck. But I'm all out of 4831. Running real low on everything else too.

I have an unopened pound of IMR4831. Ive been trying to find Reloader 15 to trade (or whatever I need to do). Not trying to be a hoarder but the issue I have is my little bit of Reloader 15 is just enough to make up my loads for this years hunt and a very few practice rounds. That pound of 4831 I have is my backup practice round powder. If you can find some Reloader 15 it’s a trade for sure.

I've got a 5 lb jug of it with less than a pound missing but it would be hard to get it to you in Alabama.

I have a one pound unopened container. I’ll sell it for what I paid (36.99 + tax). I’m in Central Texas. Where are you? I would love to have some 4350. If you can trade, that would be cool. If not, I would ask you to remember me if you see some for sale.

I’ve been wanting to start a thread about finding local people/shops that can ship Hazmat and see if they can help with transactions like this.

I've got a 5 lb jug of it with less than a pound missing but it would be hard to get it to you in Alabama.
Shipping is not the easiest thing when it comes to powder.
I have an unopened pound of IMR4831. Ive been trying to find Reloader 15 to trade (or whatever I need to do). Not trying to be a hoarder but the issue I have is my little bit of Reloader 15 is just enough to make up my loads for this years hunt and a very few practice rounds. That pound of 4831 I have is my backup practice round powder. If you can find some Reloader 15 it’s a trade for sure.
I dont have any Reloader 15, but I will keep my eye out for some.

I know this is a lot to ask, but does anyone have any IMR 4831 or Reloader 19 they can part with? I only need a pound or less. Thanks in advance.
You will find people on this site great friends and very generous of heart. It appears however at this time the only reloading supplies you can still reliably get are on Gun Broker. They are super high and yes those people are taking advantage from all of us but at least you can still get what you need

You will find people on this site great friends and very generous of heart. It appears however at this time the only reloading supplies you can still reliably get are on Gun Broker. They are super high and yes those people are taking advantage from all of us but at least you can still get what you need
I know it may be an unpopular opinion, but I think the 'super high prices' are both necessary and important.

If the price were to be held artificially low in some way, there would be no supply available. If someone were going on a $20,000 hunt and needed to load up 100 rounds of ammo, I bet they'd gladly pay $200 for a pound of powder, rather than cancel the hunt. It also prevents someone who doesn't need 8 pounds right now from buying up 8 pounds.

Increased demand/prices also gives manufacturers incentives to increase production.

I'm not sure how long you've been in the Atlanta area, but 10 or 12 years ago a gulf hurricane shutdown a refinery that produced the EPA mandated 'Atlanta blend' gasoline. Because of "anit-price gouging" political rhetoric, gasoline shortages lasted for 3 weeks while politicians blamed the public for "hoarding" gasoline. (I don't know many people with storage tanks to hoard gas at home, but I digress) I would have paid $20 per gallon or more if necessary so I could get to work, but there was pressure to prevent 'gouging' so there was simply none available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg