Media
Hunting reports
Africa
USA/Canada
Europe
Hunted
Namibia, Poland, Czech Republic, Hungary, Germany, Slovania
Hello All,

I am in Colorado (experienced rifle hunter, new to Archery)and have a friend traveling from the East coast and we are looking for a guided or semi-guided Elk Archery hunt for 2018. 2x1 for a guided hunt would be fine, drop camp or private land.

If any AH members are guides, know of any or have any recommendations please let me know.
Thanks
Mark

Not a recommendation but head down to the local store that has a good magazine rack and pick up the latest issue of Bugle that is put out by the Rocky Mountain Elk Foundation. In the back you will find all kinds of guides listed for Colorado.

Then start doing some homework on them.

Mark,
Give Doyle from J and D outfitting a call. https://www.jdoutfitters.com/ I will personally vouch for them. Super guy. He is our local SCI president, veteran. Top notch from top to bottom. Has a very large outfit but just a great bunch. Has camps all over the state. I have hunted with them twice and getting ready to do a third.

Recently took a trip with Cliff Gray and Flattop Wilderness Guides. They treated us quite well and would recommend them to others.

Mark,
Give Doyle from J and D outfitting a call. https://www.jdoutfitters.com/ I will personally vouch for them. Super guy. He is our local SCI president, veteran. Top notch from top to bottom. Has a very large outfit but just a great bunch. Has camps all over the state. I have hunted with them twice and getting ready to do a third.

Thanks for the recommendation! Can I ask you how muh your hunt costs and what was included?

Mark, I've only hunted mule deer with Doyle (my weakness) a few times. Getting ready to schedule my third. I just texted him on the elk prices. I have a bunch of friends who has elk hunted with them. I'll get you some pricing.

Aw
Mark, I've only hunted mule deer with Doyle (my weakness) a few times. Getting ready to schedule my third. I just texted him on the elk prices. I have a bunch of friends who has elk hunted with them. I'll get you some pricing.

Awesome, thanks

Talked to Doyle. They range from 5500 to 8500 depending on what camp /quality of bulls.

All I can tell you Mark is I've hunted with a lot of outfitters and Doyle is as good of a guy as you will meet.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WilburnAle

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,