Like we dont have enough to worry about... good grief! MURDER HORNETS!

95669179_3031203366940315_2599557908278542336_n.jpeg

LOL. No, but the media acts like Godzilla just arrived in the USA, when it's just a flying bug.
Aye, but a flying bug that could wipe out many honey bees and kill people. It does so in Japan and has for some years. There, the bees have developed some defense to these "Flying bugs", that can mitigate to some degree, but they are still battling them. Our bees are noobs and wont know how to defend against this nearly 2 inch long with quarter inch stinger flying but with enough venom to disable a person.
So far they are only known to be here in NW WA state, but if they get loose or hitch a ride on a container on a truck going cross country they could wind up anywhere.
There is over reaction to things and under reaction to things. This is something to not take lightly I think, even though we may never encounter one... I hope.
Oh and MOTHRA was just a flying bug too..... LOL.

We have Africanized bee's here in AZ. They run in large angry packs. Murder Hornets be damned.

We have Africanized bee's here in AZ. They run in large angry packs. Murder Hornets be damned.
Well maybe one or the other will eventually wipe the other out. Just out of curiosity, how many people are killed every year in AZ by those bees?

Well maybe one or the other will eventually wipe the other out. Just out of curiosity, how many people are killed every year in AZ by those bees?
I dont know for sure?. There was one person killed in Tucson last year that I know of, Plus many dogs that die each year from bee attacks.

I'm ready for the little buggers. I can shoot 20 feet with this bad boy!
20200508_174035.jpeg

Not sure if it’s the same insect or not but we have an insect here in Georgia that looks exactly like the “murder” hornet. We call it a Japanese Hornet. Been here at least 50 years. Just saying.

Reactions: AES
I think the murder hornets is fake news. I've seen hornets that look the same at Ft. Riley. They live in the ground and kill locust.

image(5).jpg

The biggest we have in Arizona, is the Tarantula Hawk, or Spider Wasp. This wasp is quite large, and preys on Tarantulas.

I think I heard gas will kill the murder hornets, can y'all handle stock piling some of that? :ROFLMAO::p

3 people received stings yesterday, as a swarm of Bees descended on a marketplace in north Tucson. The previous day, 3 dogs were killed by Bees.

The hot weather, and blooming vegetation, has them very active.

I’m not sure if it is a drunken delusion or I actually am recalling correctly but I seem to recall an older lady that was killed by Africanized Bees near Las Cruces, NM when I lived in NM.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ddragontiger4d

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.