Life Size Lioness Full Mount No Base Required...

Yes. The ram is incredible - maybe perfect. To me, that perfection is lost in all the “noise” surrounding it. That said, it is perfectly ok if someone finds that sort of presentation intriguing - particularly if they are paying for it! Just not my thing. The lioness says it all.

OK. I'm confused. I don't think I am disagreeing with you. I am pretty sure that, I didn't comment on your taxidermy or taxidermist at all in my initial post. I can promise you I wasn't thinking about it.

Dennis, on the other hand, has done a number of fabulous pieces which I think were obscured to a greater or lesser extent by the amount of clutter some of his clients have requested. I remember a mule deer, or maybe it was a sheep, that had all sorts of things going on with it (to include embellishment behind the shoulder). I hasten to add there is nothing at all wrong with any of that. It is all personal taste. I am a minimalist. At the time, I told Dennis that the presentation was hiding a brilliant piece of taxidermy. Just one guy's opinion.

With regard to the lioness, I observed that it was one of the finest pieces of craftsmanship, art if you will, that I have ever seen. I simply noted that the lack of pedestal/base embellishment was a brilliant way to show off that level of perfection.

I have no opinion on how long you have to wait on work. That has nothing to do with my dialogue with Dennis, on the thread he started, complimenting his incredible skill and artistic flair in displaying it.

Like many here, I have followed your and Gizmo's interaction about your latest safari with interest. As I noted in my second post, you are in great hands, and should be very pleased when all those memories are delivered.

Are we good?

Yes sir. I guess I misunderstood. Lots going on in my life. Guess I’m a bit on edge. My apologies.

Beautiful work, she looks almost alive. Well done! I've put looking out the window :ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:

@Red Leg, I agree with you less is more. However that said, the Brown Bear in the "water" with the Salmon, from The Wildlife Gallery is the exception. But to each his own.

@Red Leg, I agree with you less is more. However that said, the Brown Bear in the "water" with the Salmon, from The Wildlife Gallery is the exception. But to each his own.
Always exceptions.

I talked to Frank about that bear , Franks the guy that made the water splash and the bear was OLD MOUNT , not done by WG and it wasn't that good of a bear mount to begin with he stated to me , so is that case that incredible water splash and fish helped it....

If my Banker ever says I can have a Brown Bear, that's the way I would want it. I have seen that mount at the last two DSC shows and never tired of looking at it.

Great work Dennis!

Walden, I'll mount the bear and have Frank do the Splash. I've known him for over 35 years.

View attachment 241686

DSCN2287_zps57wwdgse.jpg

DSCN2290_zpsrgeaokdb.jpg

DSCN2306_zpswwmd375z.jpg

DSCN2279_zpsetc294e2.jpg

DSCN2295_zpscbs5fadw.jpg

DSCN2312_zpsg0ycgcvx.jpg

DSCN2300_zpscy6irzpz.jpg

DSCN2293_zpsgw7wtjz6.jpg

DSCN2311_zpsn7lbyqpz.jpg

DSCN2313_zpsfh5vim0d.jpg

DSCN2310_zpshvntjwua.jpg

DSCN2297_zpszeidk3db.jpg

DSCN2280_zpst3othmui.jpg

DSCN2315_zpsm6peu7yy.jpg

DSCN2272_zpswagb1fa5.jpg
Dennis,

She looks fantastic! I can't wait to get her up to Anchorage and in the house. Thank you for creating such a beautiful piece! It's just what I was looking for.

Kind regards,

Mike

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Walkerph

Latest profile posts

Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.
Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you