Life Advice

I've already posted my rules for myself, but in looking for something else I came across this poem I shared with my nephew when he graduated high school. He's about to graduate college, so I'll need to come up with a new one, but that's a problem for Future Don. For right now I have this:

Go as a pilgrim and seek out danger
far from the comfort
and the well lit avenues of life.
Pit your every soul against the unknown
and seek stimulation in the comfort of the brave.
Experience cold, hunger, heat and thirst
and survive to see
another challenge
and another dawn.
Only then will you be at peace
with yourself
and be able to know an to say;
“I look down the farthest side of the mountain,
fulfilled and understanding all,
and truly content that
I lived a full life and one
that was my own choice.”



-James Elroy Flecker
 
1000004563.jpg
 
I haven’t read the comments but here is what I would give my nephew or son:

It’s no longer the 1970’s or 80’s or 90’s. Do not spend your time and money chasing women. best to not get married and if you do be sure to keep all your assets in your mom or father’s name for when you get divorced maybe you won’t lose half your stuff.
60% of married women have a backup already in mind if something should happen to you. Keep this stat in mind always.
Also do not spend anymore time and money at bars and pissing away money on alcohol. It’s a waste and you will regret it when you’re older because you could have used that money to go buffalo hunting.
 
I am working on writing up some thoughts for a nephew about to graduate and go off into the world. I definitely have lots of thoughts, but given this forum is a nice gathering of men who have done well in life and lived some adventures, I am interested in advice and pearls of wisdom from this group of men and the handful of women here too.
“Never stop being inquisitive about life…wake up everyday asking what if? What could be”
 
Choose wisely.

If people would realize that choosing the right partner in life is the single most important decision they would make and it will determine the course and the success of their lifes, they will choose wiser.
Synergy is not an easy concept to explain, but vital to understand.
 
And often. :unsure:
Tanks if you ever get to Nova Scotia look me up I’d like to spend an evening pouring whiskey and listening to your story, i’ll gladly supply the whiskey.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,273
Messages
1,570,244
Members
168,864
Latest member
JoleneWins
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top