Leupold VX-III 1.5-5x20 in 99% Condition

I bought the same scope for my 404 Jeffery and I still have to look through a more clear, crispy glass in another scope...this type of scope is unbelievable clear...If our rand currency wasn`t so weak I really would have purchase this scope..you can never have to many of this quality rifle scopes...will you be able to ship to South Africa ?

Hi Bob, I'm thinking this is a good deal also. $399 seems to be the going price new. I am having the new Weaver Super Slam with a 30 mm tube installed on my .375 H%H in 3 weeks at my son's house. It currently has a Bausch and Lomb 3000 Elite (20 plus years old) on it. My RSM .416 doesn't have a scope. It has 25, 50 and 75 yard factory leaf iron sights on it. If I ever hunt with the .416 it will be for a buffalo cow in about 3 years, and currently thinking to go with those sights. I'll use the .375 on a plains game hunt next year. For the Lott and the Gibbs calibers, I would think (don't know because have never fired one) your eye relief would be of most importance. Do you think a 1 inch tube would suffice on that size gun, and for the type game you would be hunting with them? Just a question, I don't know the answer!

Yes I think that scope and a Nikon 1-4 would suffice in a 1" tube. I have not looked at a Nikon so just going by web site data.

There is a Weaver on sale at a local shop, I don't think it is IR but not sure. So might also look at that....

David to more accurately answer your question; In my thought process for a DG scope, you need all these things; good eye relief, wide field of view, a reticle you can pick up quickly and a low power setting of not more than 2x... Which goes along with FOV and quicly picking up the target, especially if close. Darn important to me as I have been within 15 yards of elephants and more like 3 yards of buffalo.... I want a scope that does not take away the ability to function almost like open sites. i.e. wide open view and quick acquisition.

I would not say a 1" tube takes these things away by itself. In fact if a 1" tube allows lower mounting and thereby better fit of the gun, it may be an advantage (ok now I'm in danger of listening to myself and buying this scope! ;)

Bonus' would go to an illuminated reticle that shows up on a dark animal in the shadows.... And enhances that quick acquisition... I looked at some red dots and had some PH's recommend them and other not... What I see is that with a low power IR you basically get the effect of a red dot (although in a much bigger/more intrusive package), yet still have cross hairs if the illumination quits!

Some one needs to buy this scope.

I need it like a hole in the head......oh yea, I guess I already have some of those......maybe that explains some things.:confused:

Some one buy this. You won't hurt my feelings in any way if you do.

Shuter, if this is still available tomorrow afternoon, just pm me and I will buy it.

Again, if someone else can use it go ahead and buy it.

All the best.

Some one needs to buy this scope.

I need it like a hole in the head......oh yea, I guess I already have some of those......maybe that explains some things.:confused:

Some one buy this. You won't hurt my feelings in any way if you do.

Shuter, if this is still available tomorrow afternoon, just pm me and I will buy it.

Again, if someone else can use it go ahead and buy it.

All the best.
You just saved me $275.00!! Actual more than that as I would buy this scope then have to get Sandy that 375H&H to put it on. So you actual just saved me about $1500.......you da man! Thanks buddy!

Ok Wheels, I wouldn't want to have your head leaking over the weekend!

I'm going to take it.. Heading to town to mail a check for the gun any way. This way I'll have a great 1" tube DG scope to play with....

I've got the 4 over .40 guns needing scopes and have one VX6 1-6 and one Trijicon 1-4 so still going to be one scope short. That will give me an opportunity to still try something else if I decide AND get me a great deal.

Action Bob what kind of 458 did you get?

Ruger RSM. It is new without the box but has the rings, swivels and books. And a hard case he will ship it in. The guy has the original 2 full boxes of Hornady ammo he bought with it and sold me those as well.

You just saved me $275.00!! Actual more than that as I would buy this scope then have to get Sandy that 375H&H to put it on. So you actual just saved me about $1500.......you da man! Thanks buddy!

That's what friends are for!:D Cheers:

I think Sandy still needs that 375 though!:E Big Grin:

Ok Wheels, I wouldn't want to have your head leaking over the weekend!

I'm going to take it.. Heading to town to mail a check for the gun any way. This way I'll have a great 1" tube DG scope to play with....

I've got the 4 over .40 guns needing scopes and have one VX6 1-6 and one Trijicon 1-4 so still going to be one scope short. That will give me an opportunity to still try something else if I decide AND get me a great deal.

Glad you can use it. You got a good buy.:A Way To Go:

Shuter made to nice of an offer for us to just let him set stranded out there. Good scope at a fair price Shuter.:A Hi Five:

Bob, you need to show us some photos of those two new big boys.

Maybe my feelings are hurt a little bit.:E Crying:

Enjoy your new toys.

That's what friends are for!:D Cheers:

I think Sandy still needs that 375 though!:E Big Grin:
Hummmmmm! She does have a birthday coming up!!!!

Think either one of those should make Sandy happy......the scopes add a couple bucks to the value.

You guys are so thoughtful. I think I actually "teared up" with emotion!

You guys are so thoughtful. I think I actually "teared up" with emotion!

:cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry::cry:

upload_2015-3-14_0-9-3.jpeg

Thanks for your interest gentlemen. Bob, I hope you enjoy the scope and find it to be everything I promised. If not, you can have your money back. I'm REALLY jealous of that RSM .458 Lott! Have drooled over them for awhile. Take care guys.

It's a standard duplex.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JanisIap02

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!