Lets See Your Upland Shotguns

I have the 20 gauge version of that savage Fox. I think maybe a “B” ? with raised rib. It has been cut to 20” with choke tubes cut in. Nice little grouse gun.
 
I have the 20 gauge version of that savage Fox. I think maybe a “B” ? with raised rib. It has been cut to 20” with choke tubes cut in. Nice little grouse gun.
That sounds like a great little gun. These are pretty great doubles and they don’t usually go for a lot of money. Sure the forend a bit chunky and the stock could use a bit of work but they are very robust guns.
 
They are definitely robust. The typical American shotgun of that period. Built to drive fence posts and still keep ticking. Mine is a little gem and is worth maybe $450
 
@Clayton Holland - very interesting “grip” and looks like the original Straight Grip was modified and a slight wood ‘cap’ added to create more of a Prince of Wales grip. It appears that it was well done and closely matches the original stock. I’m guessing about this because I’m Unfamiliar with this brand of SxS.
That is exactly what was done and looks to have been done at the time of build or close to it. the fixing screw is engraved and shaped to match the grip. It releases with a half turn and is a catch more than a screw.
 
Great thread!
IMG_2729.jpeg

Very low maintenance and utilitarian Stevens 311 12 gauge made in 1948 coupled with a very high maintenance Brittany made in 2022!
 
Love the old working guns! Don’t get me wrong- there are a lot of beautiful shotguns here, but there are a lot of beautiful shotguns here that my clumsy butt would bring back with ding or two in the stock…
 
Great thread!
View attachment 796574
Very low maintenance and utilitarian Stevens 311 12 gauge made in 1948 coupled with a very high maintenance Brittany made in 2022!
@Goopy - I am a FAN of the Brittany, on my 2nd one now —- he generates more energy than my 12ga
 
Last edited:
Here's my favorite upland game shotgun. She is a 16 gauge AH Fox CE grade that was restocked to my measurements, and the metal restored.

The original barrels were cut to 22" and although whoever did that should be in jail, gosh this gun those short barrels are wicked on flushing ruff grouse!

The other barrels are 26" and were fitted and serialized to this gun. These shoot very on pheasants.

1791028057515.jpeg


Here is this same AH Fox in the field with my now old dogs photographed many years ago. The larger of my dogs is in his happy hunting ground now. The younger dog is but a year or two from the same.

1791028516524.jpeg
 
Last edited:
Here's my favorite upland game shotgun. She is a 16 gauge AH Fox CE grade that was restocked to my measurements, and the metal restored.

The original barrels were cut to 22" and although whoever did that should be in jail, gosh this gun those short barrels are wicked on flushing ruff grouse!

The other barrels are 26" and were fitted and serialized to this gun. These shoot very on pheasants.

View attachment 796921

Here is this same AH Fox in the field with my now old dogs photographed many years ago. The larger of my dogs is in his happy hunting ground now. The younger dog is but a year or two from the same.

View attachment 796922
@Mark A Ouellette - beautiful AH Fox, do you know about ‘what year’ it was made?
Having that gun in 16ga seems the perfect gauge ——congratulations on that fine gun !
I have an AH Fox 12ga w/30” barrels made around 1910, action remains very tight and functioned perfectly “Until” I had it Restored: chambers lengthened to 2 3/4”, forcing cones lengthened, chokes opened from F&F to IC&M (all barrel work done x Briely), triggers polished, reblued, checkering recut, wood refinished, and the splinter foreend replaced with a Beavertail, thin recoil pad added…..looked “beautiful” BUT when I shot it in a SxS competition it began “doubling” and also when it didn’t “double” after firing the first shot (w/light 1oz loads @ 1180 fps) - the Safety got knocked back into the “Safe” position so you couldn’t shoot the rear trigger = a real MESS. After spending $2700 on the restoration I sent it to another GS for mechanical repairs (Vintage Firearms in Grand Rapids MI). They worked on it and fixed the issues - except it doubled twice in first 150 rounds i put thru it so they took it back (paid all shipping both ways - follow up repairs were Free - tested it w/200 rounds before sending it back to Me) and I got it back last month —- functioning flawlessly so far thru the first 175 rounds put thru it. I am pleased with the gun (very pleased with Vintage Firearms) and now it’s mechanics work as good as it looks….But I would NEVER invest that kind of money in an antique again….somehow I found a way to put $3600 ($2700/restoration, $900 repairs) into a gun that cost $12 new (1910) and worked perfectly 100 years later ——until I ‘fixed it”.
 
Beretta semiauto A 302 model , 12 gauge and
Remington semiauto 11 model ,20 gauge
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,317
Messages
1,572,819
Members
169,622
Latest member
DarwinBurk
 

 

 

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is kdp59935@gmail.com in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top