Reaction score
Media
Hunting reports
USA/Canada
Member of
National rifle association
Hunted
United States and Canada
I am selling one of my left hand Mauser model 3000 rifles. This rifle is only listed here.

Details: This rifle was built my a small gun maker name Bill Gostomski in Mount Savage MD. The action is a left hand Mauser model 3000 with a shilen #4 contour match grade barrel finished at 25 inches. The sights and barrel band are from New England custom guns. The stock was made from a XXX blank of English walnut that I hand selected. The checkering pattern is a point pattern with a border. The stock was finished with 33 Coates of oil to fill all the pores. The rear sling swivel stud and grip cap are Dakota and a pachmayr old English pad was installed. This rifle is very accurate and weighs in at 10.5 lbs scoped and is a pleasure to shoot. The rifle has approximately 90 rounds through it. Included with the rifle will be Talley rings and bases, and a set of EAW scope mounts with 1 inch rings. I am asking 3700.00 for the rifle shipped to lower 48.

IMG_2231.jpeg
IMG_2232.jpeg
IMG_2233.jpeg
IMG_2234.jpeg
IMG_2235.jpeg
IMG_2236.jpeg
IMG_2237.jpeg
IMG_2238.jpeg
IMG_2239.jpeg
IMG_2240.jpeg
IMG_2241.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
I forgot to include the stock has steel cross bolts with ebony plugs over them and an ebony forend tip. The stock is also full length bedded.

IMG_2243.jpeg
IMG_2244.jpeg

I really hope there's a Lefty (aside from myself) that needs this..

Reactions: WAB
I also have a LH 9.3x62, also not nearly as nice as your 375. Headed to Limpopo in August, so I'm a bit tapped out on buying guns

I also have a LH 9.3x62, also not nearly as nice as your 375. Headed to Limpopo in August, so I'm a bit tapped out on buying guns
I can understand that. It’s hard to go wrong with a 9.3x62

Reactions: WAB
I forgot to include the stock has steel cross bolts with ebony plugs over them and an ebony forend tip. The stock is also full length bedded.

View attachment 597045View attachment 597046
Unless you have more than one of these (custom, this nice), you might need to change your screen name- be a constant reminder of beauty lost- you may have regrets later.....
I know your first line says you are selling one of your Mauser 3000's but how do the others compare?

Last edited:
I have a few of them. Here’s a photo of the 375’s sister rifle in 30-06. They are beautiful rifles, I only listed the 375 for sale to fund other projects. So far I have been lucky that I’ve only regretted the sale of one firearm and a friend of mine has it.

IMG_2248.jpeg

I hope I don’t get too much hate for this, but sitting here in my office with this rifle, I realized I can’t let it go. I am just going to hang onto it so I don’t regret this.

I hope I don’t get too much hate for this, but sitting here in my office with this rifle, I realized I can’t let it go. I am just going to hang onto it so I don’t regret this.
I doubt you will get any hate here, at all. We regularly try to talk others out of selling rifles as beautiful as this, as there is inevitably going to be serious regrets once it's gone and usually not much chance of getting it back. I think you made the right choice and simply gave us a chance to appreciate your rifle. I for one am glad you did as it saved me much debating back and forth on the feasibility of sleeping in the doghouse while clutching this rifle in my arms! :ROFLMAO:

Thank you for hanging on to it. This was the only time in my life I considered switching to lefty. :Drool:

Good decision!

I doubt you will get any hate here, at all. We regularly try to talk others out of selling rifles as beautiful as this, as there is inevitably going to be serious regrets once it's gone and usually not much chance of getting it back. I think you made the right choice and simply gave us a chance to appreciate your rifle. I for one am glad you did as it saved me much debating back and forth on the feasibility of sleeping in the doghouse while clutching this rifle in my arms! :ROFLMAO:
I appreciate it, I’ve never sold one of my customs before and the building process is such a personal thing that it would be hard to replace. If memory serves, replacement cost of this rifle would be 6,400.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
AileenGayt

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Grat wrote on HUNTROMANIA's profile.
Hallo Marius- do you have possibilities for stags in September during the roar? Where are your hunting areas in Romania?
ghay wrote on No Promises's profile.
I'm about ready to pull the trigger on another rifle but would love to see your rifle first, any way you could forward a pic or two?
Thanks,
Gary [redacted]
Heym Express Safari cal .416 Rigby

Finally ready for another unforgettable adventure in Namibia with Arub Safaris.

H2863-L348464314_original.jpg
Unforgettable memories of my first hunting safari with Arub Safaris in Namibia (Khomas Hochland) !!!

Namibia.jpg
Oryx.jpg
Kudu.jpg
ghay wrote on Joel Rouvaldt's profile.
Love your rifle! I'm needing a heavier rifle for Africa. Sold my .375 Dakota Safari several trips ago. Would you have any interest in a trade of some sort involving the custom 338/06 I have listed here on the site ( I have some room on my asking price. I also have a large quantity of the reloading components and new Redding dies as well as a box of A-Square Dead Tough ammo.