Large rifle magnum primers

OUCH!

Just a little nostalgia for you.
20230427_142332.jpg

I was thinking that is reasonable for this new market. Supply and demand.

If you think that these prices are high, I won't even tell you what I paid for my brick two years ago. That was a great time to get into reloading...:Facepalm:

It's not high, people are either out of "fun money", stocked up, or saving cash for what's to come in the economy. .02
Sadly that may be exactly the situation. I recently had a table at the local gun show with every vendor table sold. The paltry trickle of public Fri, Sat and Sun was obvious. I only saw a handful of guns come in the door and only a handful were sold off the floor. A few people were walking around with a couple boxes of ammo they’d bought. Powder and primer sales slow to unnoticeable with prices in line with what everyone is reporting. Last year I topped off my magnum primer supply at this show with 2 bricks of CCI 34s for about 52.00 per brick. Didn’t see any 34s for sale this year. Probably have 10 bricks of 34s so no worries for the foreseeable future. No line at the background check table and the checks were running less than 30 minutes. I sold a knife and some odd brass that paid for the table but that’s it. Overall somewhat telling and bleak. Brandon’s economy has taken hold.

Last edited:
Our average for a brick of primers at the LGS is $99.00-$129.00 depending if you buy cci or match.
there seems to be an abundance of match AR primers which I haven’t looked into see what the difference is between those are small rifle match yet.

I took advantage of a Cabelas add and picked up CCI large magnum primers for 99.99. Its still pricey but compared to Gunbrokers its a bargain

Considering what they used to cost for a very long time we had it very easy and now with everyone becoming a reloader since covid the demand has rocketed more on all components.
I have scored some deals from guys who bought all new reloading equipment, primers, powder , etc... thinking they would start and realized they never would

Considering how many calibers I shoot, and the availability of DG calibers re-loading is still a bargain,, also its a great way to spend a Saturday afternoon

Any suggestions on where I can buy some Federal 215 Magnum primers? Harder to come by these days than.....

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
JannEarle

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Francois R wrote on Lance Hopper's profile.
Hi Lance hope you well. The 10.75 x 68 did you purchase it in the end ? if so are you prepared to part with it ? rgs Francois