Krieghoff 500 N.E.

Must add that the regulation chart is impressive....however appears to show more than 2 shots which is odd....from Krieghoff anyway.....
By all means if it fits and you can handle the recoil go for it....

Must add that the regulation chart is impressive....however appears to show more than 2 shots which is odd....from Krieghoff anyway.....

My K targets show 4 shots each.

My K gun has a 4 shot regulation target as well and it stacks them up, not as tight as that one, but pretty dang tight. One upside I have found to my K gun is that it has been very agreeable with pretty much everything I have fed it as far as reloads. Mine was regulated with hornady, it's a 470, and it shoots barnes, CEB, and swift very well. Here is some shots from yesterday. The far right and far left shot and the one just above the pairs are some offhand followups. The 4 in the middle were off sticks at 50 yards about 2.5" between them and both left and right barrel shot in the same place both times. That was 111.5 grains of H4831SC with a 500 grain swift A Frame. The Kreighoffs are super accurate doubles it seems.

20230114_112358.jpg
20230114_110134.jpg
20230114_124610.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
There's a tear @ 2 oclock from poa. barely pictured, I thought the ammo manufacturer was written. It sat home since delivery for so long, I almost refrain in the event it goes up for sale.

I wouldn't think .500 would be much more noticeable than the 470 fired, I may be mistaken .. The only comparison, though subjective in fit, was an 11lb 88B in .500 & a Merkel.
3-4 sec's between right & left Barrel in practice.

Last edited:
I don't think there is a great deal of difference in the recoil from a 470 to a 500. I had a 9.5-10.5lb 500 jeffrey and at 2150 it was very manageable. If you headed on up towards 2300fps it got to be a bit of a handful. It waa also a little short.
What is the LOP on that gun? Also if you do decide to part with that please shoot me a message. I would love to have a 500 to match my 470.

Make sure it fits....standard K guns do not fit me....10lbs is too light for a 500....if it does not fit and balance....good luck....
Sure but fitting is done by a gunsmith Not the factory. I have a long length of pull so of course mine had to be longer.

My K gun has a 4 shot regulation target as well and it stacks them up, not as tight as that one, but pretty dang tight. One upside I have found to my K gun is that it has been very agreeable with pretty much everything I have fed it as far as reloads. Mine was regulated with hornady, it's a 470, and it shoots barnes, CEB, and swift very well. Here is some shots from yesterday. The far right and far left shot and the one just above the pairs are some offhand followups. The 4 in the middle were off sticks at 50 yards about 2.5" between them and both left and right barrel shot in the same place both times. That was 111.5 grains of H4831SC with a 500 grain swift A Frame. The Kreighoffs are super accurate doubles it seems.View attachment 511350View attachment 511349
Thats good to know about the regulation and it being good with different ammo. Im considering a big 5 in 470 or 500ne. Cant make my mind up ATM

Make sure it fits....standard K guns do not fit me....10lbs is too light for a 500....if it does not fit and balance....good luck....
At 10 lbs, it is going to kick hard.

I don't think there is a great deal of difference in the recoil from a 470 to a 500. I had a 9.5-10.5lb 500 jeffrey and at 2150 it was very manageable. If you headed on up towards 2300fps it got to be a bit of a handful. It waa also a little short.
What is the LOP on that gun? Also if you do decide to part with that please shoot me a message. I would love to have a 500 to match my 470.
Thank You really, you'd be 1st to know.
It's exactly 15". That's just how it came, but an excellent fit, for me at least.

The 470 I worked with was excellent machine, again, just in practice though. .. Beautiful double.

Thank You really, you'd be 1st to know.
It's exactly 15". That's just how it came, but an excellent fit, for me at least.

The 470 I worked with was excellent machine, again, just in practice though. .. Beautiful double.
Excellent. Mine has a 14 7/8 length of pull so almost exactly the same.

Excellent. Mine has a 14 7/8 length of pull so almost exactly the same.

They are beautiful, fit & finish, imo. I'm assuming these are Nickle receivers .. They offer Nitride finish, etc. (I'd like to see the difference) ..
@Opposite Pole has a stunning K! & I'd love to have a side plated, upgraded build.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
GeraldineI

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Black wildebeest hunted this week!
Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!