KMG Safaris Round 2

MattNZ

AH member
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
NZ
Hey team after a lot of researching (countless hours of trolling this and other sites :p) I think I've nailed down who I'm going with, KMG and hopefully in the next 10 days I will be able to book my safari in with Marius :whoo:

Just got some questions for those of you who have hunted with KMG before

What was the highlight of your trip?

If you took your significant other how did she find it?

Has anybody been on Safari with KMG and not filled all of your tags? as I would be extremely keen to hear from you

Looking forward to hearing of your experiences

pretty smart choice kiwi .
kmg is one of many well received outfits on here .
when will you booking for ?
and how long will you and your significant other be in gods country ?

glad to hear must admit every report has been excellent
booking for the 7th of July 2015
going for Marius's offer of the first time Africa/partner which is for 8 nights and I'm thinking of either one or two more days on the end to see a bit more of the dark continent

seems he doesn't mind doing a bit shit stirring either , from what ive made of him on here .
so im sure you will get on like a house on fire ,matt
is mrs matt going to hunt or tour ?
whats your departure date ?
we arrive in j/bourg on the 17th of july at 1620 and fly down to p[ort elizebeth at 1915

seems he doesn't mind doing a bit shit stirring either , from what ive made of him on here .
so im sure you will get on like a house on fire ,matt
is mrs matt going to hunt or tour ?
whats your departure date ?
we arrive in j/bourg on the 17th of july at 1620 and fly down to p[ort elizebeth at 1915

Good that he's got a sense of humour, will defiantly add to the experience
The mrs will be there just for the tour but hopefully might get her to take something, though fingers crossed
Haven't got the flights booked yet but either going to be the 17th or 18th. How were u able to book your flights so early? as over here they are only going as far out as next Feb

ha ha ha ha maybe l should've read your post better ,we are going this july ,mate ,:doh2:

Haha all good I will ensure I keep an eye out for report as those dates are dam similar, I'll flick you a pm in the morning (almost midnight here) as always I've got a few questions :eek:

no worries ,mate.
seems different it being later than here ,as most of these guys are half a day behind me .

Bluey, you're arriving as I'm departing, I am hunting with Marius July 9-18.
Over nighting in Jo'berg on the trip there.

Matt, after my tirp, I'll be able to answer your questions, I too did alot of research, Marius seems to be the best fit. My son and DIL are in South Korea (US Air Force) and will join me for a few days - not alot of hunting for them, more of a vacation.

greyfox

I took my son 2 years ago. We were interested in just the hunting before going, but were really pleased with the meals which added to the experience a lot.
Highlight? hard to pinpoint a highlight. it was all good, but I guess it was shooting a huge waterbuck on the last day after a few attempts on him.

did not 2 years ago, but she and I will be arriving the day Greyfox leaves... on the 18th of july, 2014

Has anybody been on Safari with KMG and not filled all of your tags? as I would be extremely keen to hear from you
I would be shocked if you were unable to fill your tags.
We had numerous opportunities for large impala, zebra, kudu, warthog, etc.
The waterbuck was a challenge, but he wasn't even on my list. Just saw him and wanted him.

Bluey, you're arriving as I'm departing, I am hunting with Marius July 9-18.
Over nighting in Jo'berg on the trip there.

Matt, after my tirp, I'll be able to answer your questions, I too did alot of research, Marius seems to be the best fit. My son and DIL are in South Korea (US Air Force) and will join me for a few days - not alot of hunting for them, more of a vacation.

greyfox

that will be good greyfox , if our path cross l will get to hear your hunting report ,before anyone else .........
we will be overnighting in port elisebeth ,under a bridge somwwhere :biggrin2:

On our way back from Addo, we happened upon a pair of lions. We were able to watch them for about a minute and a half before they slid back into the brush. I doubt if Marius can get the lions to stage that for you again :)

We took an elephant ride at Addo. I didn't think much of it. My two daughters liked it and can still tell stories about the elephant hair bristling against the inside of their legs!

Marius set up a trip to the Penguin sanctuary and to the lighthouse. Both girls enjoyed that. If I had to do that over again, I would have set aside a whole day for that kind of stuff.

We shot all the animals that were in the contract and then some! I am still up in the air as to which trophy was my favorite, the kudu or the duiker. I went there really wanting to hunt a kudu and really enjoyed it. I cannot imagine going back to Africa without hunting kudu again. I also cannot imagine going back to Africa without pursuing another one of the tiny ten. The duiker really started something up with me!

Looking forward to hearing of your experiences

I hope that helps a little! Lighthouse.jpg

I have not hunt with marius or kmg but would say with out a doubt you will be in good hands.I have talked and emailed and can still remember when he called me you could hear it in his voice how he likes to hunt.I think picking one favorite time will be hard after you take a trip with kmg.Good luck on your hunt.

Matt, we hunted with Marius last year and had so much fun we are headed back this year 8-17 July. The highlight for me was hunting with Marius, he loves to hunt. My wife hunted as well and took a very nice zebra, she will be chasing a blesbok this year and I have Nyala's and waterbuck on my list. We had no problem filling our tags last year and in addition to the zebra, we took bontebok,impala, springbok,kudu, warthog and even a by chance jackal. I really don't think you can go wrong with Marius and kmg.

Cheers everyone for taking the time to share your experiences, hard to beat a forum like this. Really looks like I'm making the right choice with Marius as all of your experiences has shown. I'll send a few PMs out shortly

alright it seems that ive made it look like im hunting with marius at kmg .
I appolagise for that ,I was just complementing the kiwi on his choice of outfitter for his African adventure .
and when he was departing j/bourg as we could ve crossed paths .
im sorry for any confusion .
especially to you marius .
bluey

Girls on Elephant.jpgElia with Flex.jpgMarius, Sid, and Elia.jpgRandee's Impala Family Photo.jpgElia's Blesbuck.jpgI was in a rush this morning and could not post further.

The elephant rides - The girls liked it. It was a unique experience, but the actual ride was quite short (perhaps 20 minutes). I was ready to be off... but for the price... probably should have lasted longer. It made them happy and I guess that is what matters!

My oldest daughter has a fascination with lighthouses. Marius set up a private tour. The tour guide was absolutely EXCEPTIONAL! We really enjoyed that and Thanks again Marius for setting that one up.

My youngest daughter has a fascination with penguins. Marius was able to get us to the penguin sanctuary just before it closed. We were wiped out from the flight and did this one right off the plane. Wished we could have been there a little more clear headed. The light house and penguin facility are just minutes apart from one another.

We hit a curio shop on the way back to the airport. The girls and I had a ball shopping in there and the woman who ran the place was hilarious... especially when she realized we were dumping about $200 US in there. Nice lady and wished we could have done a little more shopping (for the girls sake). I just like to hunt and would have rather spent the time (and money) with Marius and another critter

Next post.... cannot help myself.

I really enjoyed the Kudu Hunting. I must say that I hunt ALOT here in the states. However those Kudu are just cool. Hunting them was like a mixture of all my favorite hunting in the states. The animal is big and beautiful, they behave like a mix between an elk and a white-tail, and the glassing and poking around was like getting working the black-tails. I really did enjoy that part of the hunt.

The cape bushbuck hunting was almost exactly like I hunt black-tails here at home. Lots of glassing. When you think you have looked it all over, you do it again and again. They are there... it is just the finding them. A "where's waldo" game for hunters. When you find one, you really do feel like you have done something! I even found one or two before Marius, but must admit he out did me about 10 to 1!
Below is my kudu taken with Marius. The black-tail was taken after the trip with Marius and truly was like hunting bushbuck. Unfortunately for that blacky... he didn't quite make it to the brush (two more steps would have done it).
View attachment 25563View attachment 25564

I agree with you, hunting East Cape Kudu and bushbuck is quit the experience. Dollar for dollar some of best hunting in the world.

Myself and a mate hunted with Marius May 2013 and had a fantastic time. Animals taken were Kudu,Bushbuck,Impala,Nyala,Wartog and opportunity(which I didn't pass up) to take a Giraffe that was causing trouble on a property.
Favourite hunts for me were the Kudu,Bushbuck and the Giraffe(which had been known to have charged vehicles previously)

We have booked for June 2015 and will be returning with our wives for a 8 day hunting/touring package.
Animals we will be hunting on the 2015 return trip will be Waterbuck,Kudu,Bushbuck,Wartog.

You can't go wrong hunting with Marius as he puts in 110% for you and is just a great person to be around.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
noah8899

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg