Kimber

Well done sir. That is truly a fine rifle!

Interesting comments on accuracy. If I wanted to grab a rifle out of the safe and sure enough put 5 shots in a 1” group at 200 yards, it would be an AR, and I’ve got some very accurate bolt guns. It’s actually a little embarrassing.
Thank you, what I really like is the weight of the rifle it is so light. This is why I changed from the CZ having had injections for my back, carrying a heavy rifle for up to 3 hours while stalking was agony. I think its the best £600 I have spent. A word on the scope its a Bushnell Legend 4-12 x 40 and I have had this for about 10 years it has never let me down ,love it.
MarkCZ

I love Kimber rifles and own three of them. For the price, I think they are one of the nicest "classic" American rifles available. I own two "Classic Select Grade" Kimbers - one in 30-06 and one in 257 Roberts. Both of mine are finicky - the 30-06 shoots Federal Factory 180 grain Partitions to just outside an inch (4 shot groups), while I haven't found anything the 257 Roberts will shoot better than 1.5". They are both factory bedded very nicely but the barrels aren't free floated, so I'm going to have that rectified and see if that improves my results. I've tried lots of different combos of powders and bullets and haven't been able to achieve MOA accuracy from either, though the 30-06 is close with 180 Accubonds. The thin barrel profiles definitely heat up pretty quickly at range sessions in the Georgia summer.

I also have a Caprivi in 416 RM that's newly acquired in 2020 - from our very own @Philip Glass. The stock has been in Maryland getting the Edwards Recoil Reducer treatment and was only recently returned. It's ready for it's maiden range session which I may get to this weekend. Weighs in including the recoil reducers at 10 lbs 9 oz with Talleys and a Leupold VX6 1-6x24. Pictures of all below.
Kimbers 257 Rob and 30-06.jpg
Kimber Caprivi 416 RM.jpg

I love Kimber rifles and own three of them. For the price, I think they are one of the nicest "classic" American rifles available. I own two "Classic Select Grade" Kimbers - one in 30-06 and one in 257 Roberts. Both of mine are finicky - the 30-06 shoots Federal Factory 180 grain Partitions to just outside an inch (4 shot groups), while I haven't found anything the 257 Roberts will shoot better than 1.5". They are both factory bedded very nicely but the barrels aren't free floated, so I'm going to have that rectified and see if that improves my results. I've tried lots of different combos of powders and bullets and haven't been able to achieve MOA accuracy from either, though the 30-06 is close with 180 Accubonds. The thin barrel profiles definitely heat up pretty quickly at range sessions in the Georgia summer.

I also have a Caprivi in 416 RM that's newly acquired in 2020 - from our very own @Philip Glass. The stock has been in Maryland getting the Edwards Recoil Reducer treatment and was only recently returned. It's ready for it's maiden range session which I may get to this weekend. Weighs in including the recoil reducers at 10 lbs 9 oz with Talleys and a Leupold VX6 1-6x24. Pictures of all below.View attachment 359024 View attachment 359025
Wow looks great with that awesome scope on it.
Philip

Last edited by a moderator:
I read somewhere on here that a guy from Dakota Arms went to Kimber. Maybe that will be a good thing for the Carprivi Line. Does the Caprivi have a Long action or a real Magnum action?
Believe it’s a Long action and only offered in 375 h&h at the moment. Could be mistaken though

I used 2 Caprivi's on my just completed hunt in Dande, Zimbabwe. One in 458 Lott and the other in 375 H&H. The Lott accounted for a great Buffalo. The 375 didn't get any work, but I've used it in Texas to take Scimitar Oryx. Both function well. Great triggers. Plus they are good looking.

My only issue is about their weight. I think the 375 is a too heavy...and oddly enough..the 458 was way too light. I had to add a mercury recoil reducer in the butt and some lead-shot weight in the forearm to balance it. Now it's tolerable to shoot.

That aside, I think they are a lot of gun for the money.

I used 2 Caprivi's on my just completed hunt in Dande, Zimbabwe. One in 458 Lott and the other in 375 H&H. The Lott accounted for a great Buffalo. The 375 didn't get any work, but I've used it in Texas to take Scimitar Oryx. Both function well. Great triggers. Plus they are good looking.

My only issue is about their weight. I think the 375 is a too heavy...and oddly enough..the 458 was way too light. I had to add a mercury recoil reducer in the butt and some lead-shot weight in the forearm to balance it. Now it's tolerable to shoot.

That aside, I think they are a lot of gun for the money.
I wish they'd get crackin and put some more on the market! I missed a few on the Gun auction sites while I was out of the country for work.

I have 18 rifles in Mountain accent , montana , LE and love them , I have no big bores , some of the rifles shot great out of the box , and some I had to bed the action , but they will all shoot great !!

Kimber makes very nice rifles just can't say the same of handguns.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
jhonmark007

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg