Kimber 84 Montana .308

cbvanb

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Hunted
South Africa, Zambia, Zimbabwe, Canada
This is an all-original Kimber 84 Montana, in .308. It's a beautiful rifle built on a custom lightweight controlled round feed action with a 22" bbl. With my Leupold VX5 the rifle weighed 6.5lbs. I have given up on the gun however, as the one round I shoot in .308 would not shoot consistently and I don't have the time or inclination to load for it. Federal .308 Premium with a 165 Scirocco was my choice, and some days I could clean the steels out to 550, and some days it wouldn't. Offered at $950 plus shipping to your FFL. Includes Leupold medium 30mm rings.

left action small.jpg
right action small.jpg
kimber right small.jpg
kimber left small.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice rifle at a good price!

i have one in .257 roberts and its a deer killer with 115 gr bullets at 2900 fps with hybrid100, it is a joy to carry at alittle over 6 lbs with a compact 2-7x leupold in tally light weight mounts.

Love the Kimber rifles.

I have a 17 Remington Montana (223 re-barreled), 22-250 Varmint in a Wildcat Synthetic stock (Rem Model 7 pattern), 243 Hunter, 6.5Creedmoor Montana, 308 Hunter and a 300WSM Montana. I regret not buying a 375 Talkeetna when they were only $2200. However, I found a Winchester Model 70 Stainless/Synthetic in 375 (it will do, it will do).

I'd be interested in your 308, but I'm not into self-importing another rifle, plus I'm intending to stop buying guns and spend the money on hunting. :)

Love the Kimber rifles.

I have a 17 Remington Montana (223 re-barreled), 22-250 Varmint in a Wildcat Synthetic stock (Rem Model 7 pattern), 243 Hunter, 6.5Creedmoor Montana, 308 Hunter and a 300WSM Montana. I regret not buying a 375 Talkeetna when they were only $2200. However, I found a Winchester Model 70 Stainless/Synthetic in 375 (it will do, it will do).

I'd be interested in your 308, but I'm not into self-importing another rifle, plus I'm intending to stop buying guns and spend the money on hunting. :)
We all promise ourselves that we aren’t buying any more guns, but….

We all promise ourselves that we aren’t buying any more guns, but….
Oh I know. I've bought about 8 "Last Guns" in the last three years.

I sold a couple of somewhat redundant handguns and a 22WMR rifle, to free up funds for when the new Marlin Trapper, made by Ruger arrives in Canada. That will be my "Last Gun". :)

Good job Leslie!

Sold pending funds.

That is the exact reason you see so many take off barrels for sale and so many rifles with custom barrels in them. I have owned a few of them and about half shot moa consistently and the others didnt.

i have found over the years that some rifles hit the ground running right out of the box and others take some work to get them where i want them and some don,t make it no matter what i tried and they went down the road. one rife that i didn,t expect much out of is a older ruger # 3 in 45-70, it shot lights out right from the get go with a hot load of imr 4198 and a 300 gr hornady bullets at 100 yards.

DSCN0858.JPG
DSCN1232 (4).JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
I’ve always thought the no.3 was a neat rifle, I kick myself still for passing up a screaming deal on one in 223 years ago in Mason, TX

Reactions: WAB
I’ve always thought the no.3 was a neat rifle, I kick myself still for passing up a screaming deal on one in 223 years ago in Mason, TX

A buddy just picked one up in a screaming deal in ND. I agree, one very cool rifle

My ammo shelf looks like a dealers. I keep no less than 8-10 different factory loads on hand in each of the main calibers (.270, 6.5CM, .30-06, .308, .300WM). I do this literally just to see what shoots the best when I get a new rifle, and because I’m always looking for better. My go to has always been a .308 so I probably have 25+ factory loads to try (or for friends upon request).

Once the gun is on paper, it’s a lot of 3 Shot Groups to see what groups the best. I’ll zero the scope to the best sub MOA load and put all the other boxes back missing a few rounds. If I can’t get a load that shoots under 3/4” at 100yds (prefer 1/2”) the gun finds a new home. I’ll also find and buy 5-6 boxes of the best shooting load (making sure they’re all the same Lot Number) recording that info on a spread sheet.

I’ve been told my method is a little extra by several people ….

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dyan65373

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

sgtsabai wrote on Tanks's profile.
Business is the only way to fly. I'm headed to SA August 25. I'm hoping that business isn't an arm and a leg. If you don't mind, what airline and the cost for your trip. Mine will be convoluted. I'll be flying into the states to pick up my 416 Rigby as Thailand doesn't allow firearms (pay no attention to the daily shootings and killings) so I'll have 2 very long trips.
Vonfergus wrote on JamesJ's profile.
I am interested in the Double
Nick BOWKER HUNTING SOUTH AFRICA wrote on EGS-HQ's profile.
Hi EGS

I read your thread with interest. Would you mind sending me that PDF? May I put it on my website?

Rob
85lc wrote on Douglas Johnson's profile.
Please send a list of books and prices.