Kenya's Embassador to Namibia sacked over hunting there

PerH

AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
As the title say ,the Embassador was fired over their disagreement on him not following their countries " ethical approach to wildlife abroas as at home" .

Screen Shot 2021-09-08 at 20.39.32.png

Kenyan ambassador to Namibia Benjamin Langat has come under heavy criticism for allegedly engaging in game hunting.

This comes after a photo of the diplomat posing with a slain Greater Kudu surfaced on social media on Monday, triggering outrage.

The photo shows Langat, who is wearing a jungle jacket, black trousers, and a cap, holding his rifle in one hand while the other is holding his kill by its horn.

Kenyans online expressed their displeasure at the needless death of the innocent animal and called for Langat’s dismissal for ‘embarrassing’ the country. Kenya prides itself as a sanctuary for animals, endangered or not.

They argued that being Kenya’s ambassador, he ought to hold the same values of his country during his service abroad.

Although Namibia allows game hunting, wanton killing of wild animals has been illegal in Kenya since 1977.

Kenya has strict anti-poaching laws aimed at deterring illegal trading in ivory, elephant tusks, rhino horns among other animal trophies.

Last edited:
When I hear the words coming out of these people , I want to stuff a hand grenade inside their mouths and stitch their lips shut .

Kenya should look at Namibia’s wildlife populations and compare it to theirs . Or rather … what’s left of it . Of course , they won’t . If the last 50 years have proven anything , city dwellers in their expensive suits think that they know what’s better for wildlife than the people who actually live near the animals … By sitting in their air conditioned offices and looking at internet videos on their expensive Apple laptops . During my career as a Divisional Forest Officer , I had to put up with these brain dead beaurocrats four days a week for twenty years of my life . They claimed to know more about Royal Bengal Tigers than the people who actually live there ( or work there , in our case ) .

I was fortunate enough to hunt in Kenya in 1974 ( my life’s first African Safari ) and if I knew that I would never get a chance again , then I would have gone once again in 1975 .

"Kenyans online .............. called for Langat’s dismissal "

What a shock the keyboard warriors would go after someone for conducting a legal hunt.

Congrats to the Ambassador on his successful hunt.

He joins Nelson Mandela.....
nelson-mandela-hunting.jpg

I can't seem to be able to see the comments on the link.

That Ambasador's smile says it all he had a good hunt and knows he has very good table fair which his properly managed.

Kenya has strict anti-poaching laws aimed at deterring illegal trading in ivory, elephant tusks, rhino horns among other animal trophies.

Well, they dont need to worry about poaching white rhino horns. This one is settled for ever under their care.

It’s quite ironic that certain citizens of Kenya are complaining about a legal hunt in one of the most successful hunting organizations in Africa considering what has happened in their backyard…

I can't seem to be able to see the comments on the link.
Comments seem to have been turned off after 14 were posted and then hidden.

Seems to me there is more wanton killing in Kenya. Namibians seem to be quite selective in their killing.

Kenya is a great example of greenies buying an entire country. Then they let the animals get wiped out and ask for more money to stop the rampant poaching. They are a business -and poaching is good for their business model. Game ranching and sustainable hunting is bad for their business.

So...Kenya is just doubling down on stupidity.

My shocked face
1631284893008.png

Oh, I dunno and I don't know the politics of African nations.

Do these people eat meat?

I thought it might be a part of life in that part of the world.

Make him the Namibian Ambassador to Kenya!! He can show them the way...

When I hear the words coming out of these people , I want to stuff a hand grenade inside their mouths and stitch their lips shut .

Kenya should look at Namibia’s wildlife populations and compare it to theirs . Or rather … what’s left of it . Of course , they won’t . If the last 50 years have proven anything , city dwellers in their expensive suits think that they know what’s better for wildlife than the people who actually live near the animals … By sitting in their air conditioned offices and looking at internet videos on their expensive Apple laptops . During my career as a Divisional Forest Officer , I had to put up with these brain dead beaurocrats four days a week for twenty years of my life . They claimed to know more about Royal Bengal Tigers than the people who actually live there ( or work there , in our case ) .

I was fortunate enough to hunt in Kenya in 1974 ( my life’s first African Safari ) and if I knew that I would never get a chance again , then I would have gone once again in 1975 .
Yeah, champions of the masses aren’t they? :A Clapping:

Kenya's President, Uhuru Kenyatta, stated for the African Review that his favorite drink is Glenlivet Whiskey and his favorite food is Nyama Choma........or BBQ'd meat.............FWB

I know people who were hunting in Kenya by the end of eighties, or beginning of nineties, under diplomatic umbrella.
So there is a double standard there.

Kenya is independent since 1963, total ban on hunting imposed in 1977.
It has a long time passed till now, they could revise the political spin from that time, and consider implementing hunting as conservation tool.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mchahine

Latest profile posts

check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross
Jackal hunt on triggercam,

Jackal hunt on triggercam,