Kenyan Elephants

Living among wildlife is no joke, not an easy life. But the answers from the armchair experts run along the lines of : “can’t they just build a fence?” Or “can’t the people just move?” This is a timeless struggle for subsistence farmers. .
 
In other news six lion were killed in Amboseli last night (they killed 11- goats and a dog), this in addition to four lion killed last week.

So…10 lion dead in one ecosystem in about a week.

These people worrying about climate change are missing the immediate issue.
 
This guy died from infection from a spear wound while raiding a shamba at the end of April next to Amboseli.

1684004812830.png
 
Meanwhile, in Namibia, which has a vastly different wildlife management plan, a village gets to eat even though their crops have been destroyed by elephants. Sustainable conversation in Namibia uses hunters and hunters’ dollars to maintain a healthy elephant population and encourages the local people to protect their wildlife.

1684006436022.jpeg
 
Thank you for sharing - the history that animal must have seen and survived in his lifetime is mind boggling.

If I remember correct, this bull was 51 years old. Researchers knew when he was born as they were following the family group.

The good news is the genetics have been spread through Amboseli, Chyulu Hills and Tsavo West.
 
Hard to believe. But theoretically, I could have seen that 51 year old bull in 1980 when I visited Tsavo. We saw a fair amount of elephants when there.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,348
Messages
1,573,660
Members
169,803
Latest member
inohuscomm
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

K_P wrote on Buckleyguy12's profile.
Good morning from Montana.

I'm looking at a post from 2018 where you were looking for a lefty Winchester in .375 H&H Magnum. I'm selling mine. My email is [redacted] in the event that you're still searching for a unicorn.

Best,

Kelly Palmer
Gents, if you book and pay your deposit before the end of this year , you can have the bigger cull package for the 2026 price! https://www.africahunting.com/threa...griffiths-safaris-starting-at-us-2-560.96285/
I am currently in Northern Cape scouting a hunting area, we will have lots of amazing hunting opportunities for 2027! I will post updated available dates soon!
Azklmsr wrote on MANKAZANA SAFARIS's profile.
Good Evening. I am very interested in you hunt for the spiral slam. March in 2028 would be fine for me

Couple of quick questions:

1) Can we add some additional species on
2) what do you want for a deposit?
3) how do you want me to sign up

I'm on whats app or email

Kurt [redacted]

have a great evening
MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
 
Top