Judging Springbok

I was very lucky to take my first springbuck in March! A beautiful animal, and certainly a nerve-wracking stalk as the herd fed closer and closer to us whilst completely unaware of our presence, and eventually I got a shot off at 60yds!
For reference he measured 12.5”
IMG_9825.jpeg
 
Some are easier to judge than most. We could tell this one was a keeper from half a mile off. Took some work to get in shooting range.
PXL_20260810_000526248.MP.jpg
 
.

Big just looks big !

Usually any common with turning back tips should make a good one for the wall & should be 4 plus years. Genetics, management (also ewes) & quality grazing all make for big springbok !

.
 

Forum statistics

Threads
70,287
Messages
1,570,660
Members
168,925
Latest member
EugenioSel
 

 

 

Latest profile posts

MHYOUNG 375 wrote on Marley7x57's profile.
If you really are interested I 'll send some pix. I have quiet a few.
curt672 wrote on Robmill70's profile.
So What's the story on the 340 ??? thanks Curt
rdog wrote on Bob Nelson 35Whelen's profile.
Bob i was at Rebel gun works last Friday they had once fired 25/20 brass in their up stairs section , how are the knees going?
hunted So Africa 4 times and more to come
 
Top