Joe Rogan Kills Triceratops on Hunting Safari

Been thinking about this Joe Rogan Triceratops thing . Did he skin & eat it , did it taste old ?
Now we know they are still around what type of rifle do we need? I do not think the 50 BMG is
enough gun .the Russians have a14.5x114 machine gun cartridge it may do the job with AP ammo i will try to find some one with a chamber reamer & build a double rifle with an effective muzzle break, you could load 1 AP & 1 HE round in case you get jumped by a T REX or a Raptor whilst looking for a
Triceratops what do you think? i will talk to Woodleigh about some 14.5 soft points & solids i will try to chase up some reloading dies, Lee might make them. the Russian cases are steel & berdan primed so that is a bit of a problem may be just use factory ammo.

Been thinking about this Joe Rogan Triceratops thing . Did he skin & eat it , did it taste old ?
Now we know they are still around what type of rifle do we need? I do not think the 50 BMG is
enough gun .the Russians have a14.5x114 machine gun cartridge it may do the job with AP ammo i will try to find some one with a chamber reamer & build a double rifle with an effective muzzle break, you could load 1 AP & 1 HE round in case you get jumped by a T REX or a Raptor whilst looking for a
Triceratops what do you think? i will talk to Woodleigh about some 14.5 soft points & solids i will try to chase up some reloading dies, Lee might make them. the Russian cases are steel & berdan primed so that is a bit of a problem may be just use factory ammo.
I don't know? I would think a semi auto Barrett .50BMG would do the trick with a Nightforce 15-55x52 Matrix night scope in Tasco World Class QD rings and mounts? @michael458 might have some insight into cutting down the barrel to 16" and having Accurate Innovations build a titanium bedded stock for it? And with some 10 round MagPul magazines, you'd be good to go.

Last edited:
@michael458 might have some insight into cutting down the barrel to 16" and having Accurate Innovations build a titanium bedded stock for it? And with some 10 round MagPul magazines, you'd be good to go.
NonSense....... You can get the job done easily with anything from 458 to 500 caliber, using a properly designed solid, and 18 inches of barrel is more than enough...... Use good bullet tech and proper caliber. And what pussy would hunt triceratops, a peaceful herbivore, I am more into dangerous game, and while you are at it, go for two of them..............

D73F7991-5D6F-45B1-9C5E-24D791671AAE-1-X2.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
NonSense....... You can get the job done easily with anything from 458 to 500 caliber, using a properly designed solid, and 18 inches of barrel is more than enough...... Use good bullet tech and proper caliber. And what pussy would hunt triceratops, a peaceful herbivore, I am more into dangerous game, and while you are at it, go for two of them..............

View attachment 431883
I do not think you have enough gun you might get to be dinner.

Last edited by a moderator:
I do not think you have enough gun you might get to be dinner.
With proper bullet placement and the quality of today's bullets and powders, I think a .223 Rem would be just right. But I've always been a small caliber guy ... they just handle so much better than those big bores. :ROFLMAO:

I don't know? I would think a semi auto Barrett .50BMG would do the trick with a Nightforce 15-55x52 Matrix night scope in Tasco World Class QD rings and mounts? @michael458 might have some insight into cutting down the barrel to 16" and having Accurate Innovations build a titanium bedded stock for it? And with some 10 round MagPul magazines, you'd be good to go.
At least we can be certain that he didn’t use a Blaser R8 as we all know those are inadequate for dangerous game… ;)

Oh Lord, please let them know I’m kidding!

View attachment 431883
Shoot the testicals and he will run past us!

With proper bullet placement and the quality of today's bullets and powders, I think a .223 Rem would be just right. But I've always been a small caliber guy ... they just handle so much better than those big bores. :ROFLMAO:
16" barrel shooting 55gr Woodleigh Hydros?

You will all get eaten think of the media hype. "hunter gets killed hunting harmless protected extincted species" i think i will try at get a M230 30 mm chain gun out of a Apache i will have to go to the gym first to tone up :unsure:
Oh yes, they won’t hype that one up at all ;)

“Trophy hunters uses weapons of war to annihilate a harmless protected extinct species!”

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We are all having way to much fun with this.

Oh yes, they won’t hype that one up at all ;)

“Trophy hunters uses weapons of war to annihilate a harmless protected extinct species!”

:ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO::ROFLMAO:
We are all having way to much fun with this.
I did not think about that . just looking for the right equipment. Now we know there still around i am determined to bag one. might have to get a bigger house for for the mount. My wife thinks this virus has scrambled my brain can she be right?o_O and i do not need any more guns.

Last edited:
You will all get eaten think of the media hype. "hunter gets killed hunting harmless protected extincted species" i think i will try at get a M230 30 mm chain gun out of a Apache i will have to go to the gym first to tone up :unsure:
Just mount it in the back of your Toyota pick up on a tripod?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
MollieTwop

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg