Jihadists seize Moz port

You included Granada and 9/11, which have nothing to do with Iran 2 and 3, Afghanistan 2, Vietnam or Korea.

Granada, for what it's worth was considered a victory.

Iran 1, was for practical purposes a more or less victory.

Afghanistan 1, ended for the Russian the same way Vietnam ended for the US thus a very minor moral victory.

9/11 was a terrorist act leading to a never ending war against terrorists. Much like the ending war on drugs and drug cartels.

Afghanistan changed from being a gorilla war action to anti terrorist threat.

Iraq 2 was popular opinion vs politics and Bush Jr, responded in kind, which led to Iraq 3 becoming another anti terrorist threat.

Actions in Afghanistan and Iraq gave credence to Iran and even a bigger anti terrorist threat and more chaos in the mid east.

Making a peace deal with terrorists would be compared to cops making peace with criminals, giving them free passes to continue their respective violent acts.

The only way to end terrorism is to convert to Nazis SS tactics, through cooperation with other countries pro and anti America going house to house rounding up guilty and suspected terrorists then quickly without trial executing them.

Personally I say Hell Yeah. Realistically when considering the "big picture", Definitely not a good idea.
That's fine, I made my point or so I thought. I don't think its quite as complicated as you do. I mentioned Grenada and 9/11 as things we were involved in and not in relation to anything else, just examples for the poster who was all worried about us not getting involved in Moz.

Before getting involved in Moz a whole lot of reviews of US actions in Somalia will have to be gone over. Along with comparisons of what is happening in Moz to the outcomes of once Rhwanda/Adi Ahmin regime.

Unless they discover oil or some other resource we need I doubt we will get involved beyond words.

Serious amount of oil and gas reserves there. This port they took is about 60kms from where they building installations

Such a shame. What are the videos that you guys are talking about?

I am of the opinion that when we help countries in situations like this, we gain a piece of their country in proportion to the % of their non-US linked GDP that we spend.

The videos show the savagery committed on villagers by these psychopathic pieces of shit...as I said imagine a primitive butchery...with body parts scattered around ...bits of arms ..legs ..heads...torsos...and not from one or two people...but many ....or lining them up and putting then in a pit and beheading them....should give you the picture...

Unfortunately "finishing" things in the modern age, with the enemies being fought, is damn near impossible. It's not like Nazi Germany or Imperial Japan where they were tiny countries with massively strained production and ever-dwindling resources towards the end, where the Germans capitulated and surrendered with Berlin surrounded on all sides by superior forces or the Japanese surrendering after the USA proved its willingness to obliterate cities in one fell stroke.

To "win" against these Jihadis(ists?), Taliban, AQ, ISIS, all the myriad and sundry smaller cohorts in Africa and the Middle East and wherever else, you'd have to undertake a complete and systematic eradication of every single man, woman, and child who's part of it, supports it, teaches it, is taught it. Which is simply impossible without it going into really bad territory, the kind of territory that they are probably gearing up to go into. You can't beat them without wiping them out, and you can't wipe them out without sacrificing the moral high ground (such as it may be). There's no taking the gloves off anymore and signing the order to drop Little Boy on Hiroshima, because that would only strengthen the Islamists' resolve against the evil West, and ever since Vietnam those gloves have been almost glued to our skin. We can shove missiles down the throats of every top-tier Islamist commander we ID, we can put bullets through their skulls, hang them in the streets, and it won't make a single bit of difference because more will show up. It's like killing a Hydra except in addition to the extra heads sprouting from the neck, its fellow Hydras are popping out eggs at a massive rate and we can't find all the nests. And we can't just up and leave because they'll take it as a victory and their resolve will grow too and they'll carry on with all the stuff they were doing but now they have impunity.

And don't get me wrong, I absolutely want to see the whole Islamic Terrorist ideology eradicated. Completely wiped from the earth. Doesn't matter if they're African, Middle Eastern, Far Eastern, Chechnyan, or Birminghamian. But doing it in practice? No, that's not gonna happen. Leaving is the best choice we have but all it'll really accomplish is letting the other guys get more confident. We can't "finish", just "end", and I certainly agree that getting started in something else would just make that worse. We don't need to get involved with another conflict unless it can be guaranteed to actually have a finishing point.
What we can do and have not in Africa is arm the existing governments against ISIS et al. I read that the Burkina Faso government just needed guns and equipment and they could have stopped the terrorists. We didn’t help them and now we see what has happened.

These things never make our media because it is Muslims murdering Christians. Sad truth

What we can do and have not in Africa is arm the existing governments against ISIS et al. I read that the Burkina Faso government just needed guns and equipment and they could have stopped the terrorists. We didn’t help them and now we see what has happened.
Well here's kinda the problem there, in relation to the... prior track record of things:

Vietnam: Asked for US help in modernizing their army --> Ivan did the same thing for Charlie --> Failure
Afghanistan: Sent weapons and probably CIA people (and Rambo that one time) to the Muj --> Soviets got beaten back --> Muj form the Taliban and they decide to bite the hand that fed them --> 10+ year war after 9/11
Africa: I am 99% sure that the CIA has had operations in African countries back during the Cold War and were at least funding some of those, y'know, not-so-nice warlords who hated the Commies but also were fine with ethnically-cleansing the people across the river too.

BUT on the other hand, if you do it right? Yes, that could actually help. There was a story a while back how a single US-supplied Abrams tank with a crew of American-trained... Iraqis, I think, basically obliterated an ISIS-held compound single-handedly. Sending the governments of Mozambique, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, wherever, weapons and equipment to fight off the bad guys could have a similar end effect.

PG........right on. This does not fit the woke agenda so will not be reported on in The West. For ABC, MSNBC, CNN news is omitted if it is black on white crime, Muslim crime, or even Minn-Saint Paul violent black gang attacks over the last few years. (Pesky Christians, probably deserve it.) News must fit the agenda that Palestine is good, Muslims are good, immigrants are kind, Christians are evil, Whites are evil, and fuel the underlying crusade to make Trump wrong. No matter what. Even if it kills them. Stories like this one in Moz make rational people question what the USA will be like when 1. Police are defunded, 2. The court system eliminated, and 3. prisons abolished and all felons freed (Ya, go to BLM demands and see for yourself). The Moz story makes anarchy seem bad, so it is not news.....FWB

And I thought my first Niassa trip was wild. Next October might resemble C.A.R more than the Mozambique I fell in love with!

The Somalian approach may deserve to be revisited.
Once you know which poisonous snake bit you, it must be eradicated and its dens destroyed.

Well here's kinda the problem there, in relation to the... prior track record of things:

Sending the governments of Mozambique, Burkina Faso, Nigeria, wherever, weapons and equipment to fight off the bad guys could have a similar end effect.

When I lived in Lagos, Nigeria, I always got a good laugh when our flights were taxiing. The Nigerian Defense Force had several C-130s and most had flat tires and look like they hadn't flown in years as they were covered in a good coat of dust/dirt. When the Defense Force went after Boko Horam, they were reportedly always traveling with little to no ammo.

You do not need to send Americans in to save the world.
Some money would sort it out just fine, expand the SA private contractor scope and use the local army with them.

Sorted.

Big whoop! Ever hear of Iraq or Afghanistan? Vietnam? Grenada? Korea? For that matter, how about 9/11? Get off your high horse!
Stressed out much...??
As for those wars, you didn't have to go into them and it wouldn't have affected the USA (maybe with the exception of the Iraq and Afghanistan ones but for the SAME reason as the current thread... those Islamists were coming for you and us all. SAME as it's coming for us in Africa then over to you!!

Secondly I never asked the USA to get involved at all! Believe me the USA is NOT the only decent fighting force on planet! The fight must be taken us at all levels not just militarily!

So my high horse is doing just fine in the stable. May I suggest you put your feet up and watch a sunset or two....

Last edited:
Some money would sort it out just fine, expand the SA private contractor scope and use the local army with them.

Sorted.

I’ve employed several hundred SA security contractors, several thousand Ugandan contractors and spent over $500m in 3 different countries “sorting” things out with that model... another $100m was spent sorting domestic terrorism and internal security in a 4th country using the same model...

I’ve employed brits, French, Germans, Bosnians, Romanians, Kenyans, and a host of others as well.. sent these people to more than 30 countries for a variety of law enforcement, security, and military tasks... (as well as numerous Americans)

What you describe could well be part of the solution... but I can assure you after 18 years of doing exactly the type of work you are describing, that it is only part of the solution, and incredibly far from sorted...

Secondly I never asked the USA to get involved at all! Believe me the USA is NOT the only decent fighting force on planet! The fight must be taken us at all levels not just militarily!

You are correct, there are several extremely better than good fighting forces from other countries, like Israel, and Republic of (South) Korea, these two countries militaries have my utmost respect when it comes to fighting.

The latter comes to mind most, if my memory serves me right (back in the mid-late(19)70's, ROK soldiers, were kicked out of an African country because of their Israeli point of view on doing the job they were sent to do, the Right way.

Unfortunately they went to the extremes by mistakenly killing African soldiers they were suppose to be supporting and fighting along side.

It’s a civilizational conflict. It’s us or them. We westerners cannot hide under our beds and wait this out. It’s coming to every place on Earth. There is no “moral high ground“ in allowing someone else to defeat you, just because “I’m better than that.” If you are killed by a savage because you didn’t oppose him with equal or greater ferocity, then there’s nothing superior about you. Fight fire with fire.

The civilized world need to decide what to da with ISIS and the rest of militant Islam. If the decsion is to remove it they they need to just get the job done. And right behind the troops there need to a ready made plan to take care of the civilian (a plan to get hospitals, schools, infrastructure) up to a working condition. He'll, throw in some burger joints as well!)

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
edwardsrailcarcom00

Latest profile posts

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg