It's all Balls!

8 x 60

AH veteran
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Europe
OK I appreciate I am new to the forum but I figured the Shotgun and Muzzleloader sections needed a "pick-me up"

Its either round balls or shot (very small round-balls!)

Here's another one. 14 bore. Like the previous one I posted it fires the .695 roundball quite well, but now on the wall. Maker - Burrow of Preston (built around 1814) . Last time I used it my dog put up 5 teal. They all sprang straight up through the trees and set off , line astern crossing in front of me. I gave plenty of swing and lead on the bird at the front. Pulled the trigger. The last teal in the line fell from the sky!!! Gotta give those front stuffers time to discharge!

Attachments

• DSCF1517_zpsaurspnz6.jpg
    DSCF1517_zpsaurspnz6.jpg
    612.2 KB · Views: 168
Last edited:
Nice thing about a flock, sometimes you get very interesting feedback.

How fast is the shot coming out of that beast?

Love to see an note by another RB shooter. Lots of punch in a .695 ball, even at modest velocity. Hard to stop 480 grains. BTW...........is it a caplock converted from a flint? Just ask cause most people think Burrow was the name on guns from Preston made 1833-41. While he did make them earlier at the same site, he listed his name as Burrows up to 1822, and they were flints..........Restarted again in 33 with the caplock. They are nice guns.....................thanx for the foto.....................................FWB

Love to see an note by another RB shooter. Lots of punch in a .695 ball, even at modest velocity. Hard to stop 480 grains. BTW...........is it a caplock converted from a flint? Just ask cause most people think Burrow was the name on guns from Preston made 1833-41. While he did make them earlier at the same site, he listed his name as Burrows up to 1822, and they were flints..........Restarted again in 33 with the caplock. They are nice guns.....................thanx for the foto.....................................FWB
Don't think a conversion, maybe it was made later than I thought.

I shoot a 1200 fps low recoil load .690 round ball from my shotgun and it puts hole right through a 6x6 and just keeps on going.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ThaliaPace

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Coltwoody@me.com
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross