It's all Balls!

8 x 60

AH veteran
Reaction score
Articles
OK I appreciate I am new to the forum but I figured the Shotgun and Muzzleloader sections needed a "pick-me up"

Its either round balls or shot (very small round-balls!)

Here's another one. 14 bore. Like the previous one I posted it fires the .695 roundball quite well, but now on the wall. Maker - Burrow of Preston (built around 1814) . Last time I used it my dog put up 5 teal. They all sprang straight up through the trees and set off , line astern crossing in front of me. I gave plenty of swing and lead on the bird at the front. Pulled the trigger. The last teal in the line fell from the sky!!! Gotta give those front stuffers time to discharge!

Attachments

Last edited:

BRICKBURN

Super moderator
Contributor
Lifetime titanium benefactor
AH ambassador
Reaction score
Media
Hunting Reports
Articles
Hunted
Namibia, South Africa, Botswana, Mozambique, Canada, USA, Mexico, England
Nice thing about a flock, sometimes you get very interesting feedback.

How fast is the shot coming out of that beast?

flatwater bill

AH elite
Reaction score
Media
Hunting Reports
Member of
NRA endowment member/Life member
Hunted
NAMIBIA, RSA, KYRYG, KAZAKSTAN, MOZAMBIQUE,MEXICO, BOLIVIA, PERU, BRAZIL, ARGENTINA, CANADA, NEW ZEALAND, AUSTRALIA, SPAIN,
Love to see an note by another RB shooter. Lots of punch in a .695 ball, even at modest velocity. Hard to stop 480 grains. BTW...........is it a caplock converted from a flint? Just ask cause most people think Burrow was the name on guns from Preston made 1833-41. While he did make them earlier at the same site, he listed his name as Burrows up to 1822, and they were flints..........Restarted again in 33 with the caplock. They are nice guns.....................thanx for the foto.....................................FWB

8 x 60

AH veteran
Reaction score
Articles
Love to see an note by another RB shooter. Lots of punch in a .695 ball, even at modest velocity. Hard to stop 480 grains. BTW...........is it a caplock converted from a flint? Just ask cause most people think Burrow was the name on guns from Preston made 1833-41. While he did make them earlier at the same site, he listed his name as Burrows up to 1822, and they were flints..........Restarted again in 33 with the caplock. They are nice guns.....................thanx for the foto.....................................FWB
Don't think a conversion, maybe it was made later than I thought.

Slugs Away

AH veteran
Reaction score
I shoot a 1200 fps low recoil load .690 round ball from my shotgun and it puts hole right through a 6x6 and just keeps on going.

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

John Camp wrote on Bonk's profile.
Bonk how about $775.00 for the CZ 550 Standard in .308?
ve7poi wrote on ZANA BOTES SAFARI's profile.
See you in May 2022
twenty days with you time seems to have slowed now after booking lol
tarbe wrote on Royal27's profile.
Current ETA to Buc-ees is 11 am or we can meet you there about 2 hrs later in the way back.
On the ocean or in the bush .