AH fanatic
Reaction score
Media
Articles
Member of
SCI, DSC, RMEF, Wild Sheep Society, etc
Hunted
Tanzania, Namibia, Mozambique
Talk about a page-turner! Kevin Robertson’s It Shouldn’t Happen is just that. The entire book chronicling his adventures and misadventures as a PH and veterinarian had me enthralled, laughing out loud, or both the entire book. Like the title says, the book talks about events that could only happen in Africa….and surely should NEVER have happened at all. More than once, Kevin and others are lucky to have lived to tell the tales. Definitely a FUN read!

Many of you here may have already read his shot placement book (which I have not read); from my understanding, it is a must-read for African hunters. Also if you haven't listened to any of his podcasts you are missing out! They are absolutely fascinating and tons of fun. Some of the stories he talks about are also in this book.

On a side note, Kevin has been a great supporter of Cries of the Savanna. I sent him a copy early on (when a friend suggested that I do so) and he loved the book, gave me a great testimonial, and hooked me up to be on some podcasts with others. The best part is that his wife Catherine ("Catherine the Great" as he refers to her) is writing a book about their life in Zimbabwe during the bush wars. They reached out to me for self-publishing advice...and long story short, I now consider Catherine a dear friend. I was fortunate to be a beta-reader of her book. It was so fun to hear some of the same stories that I read in her book told through Kevin's eyes in It Shouldn't Happen. Don't worry! I'll let you know when her book is available.
IMG_0486.jpeg

I’ve had it a few years need to reread it, a lesson in how to do things wrong.

It is a great book! Do you know when her book on the bush wars will be released?

It is a great book! Do you know when her book on the bush wars will be released?
@Cam300 I’ll text her and see how the timeline is doing. I think the editing is done now. I’ll get back to you.

@Cam300 I just talked with her. It will be a few months yet. She is self-publishing like I did and is struggling with the formatting and pictures etc. It is a real pain in the you know what....especially for us more seasoned gals who aren't as tech savvy as some of the younger folk! Learning everything from scratch is a huge challenge! Anyway, I'm going to try to help her tomorrow on the phone. Then she is waiting for her cover. I'll be sure to let you know when it will be available. I think you'll enjoy the book. "Catherine the Great" is quite feisty! and tells some great stories. Just like Kevin's book, I was either in awe or laughing most of the time. I had to read some out load to Rick because I was laughing so hard. Parts are serious too of course. How can it now be with the bush wars going on.

Thanks Sue, looking forward to reading it when it comes out. Thanks again for the information!

Thanks didnt know he had another book out.

Thanks didnt know he had another book out.
It has actually been out quite a while I think but I just got around to reading it. It just doesn’t get the attention of his shot placement book.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LucaFitzgi

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Cwoody wrote on Woodcarver's profile.
Shot me email if Beretta 28 ga DU is available
Thank you
Pancho wrote on Safari Dave's profile.
Enjoyed reading your post again. Believe this is the 3rd time. I am scheduled to hunt w/ Legadema in Sep. Really looking forward to it.
check out our Buff hunt deal!
Because of some clients having to move their dates I have 2 prime time slots open if anyone is interested to do a hunt
5-15 May
or 5-15 June is open!
shoot me a message for a good deal!
dogcat1 wrote on skydiver386's profile.
I would be interested in it if you pass. Please send me the info on the gun shop if you do not buy it. I have the needed ammo and brass.
Thanks,
Ross