Media
Articles
Hunting reports
Africa
Member of
NRA CSSA
Hunted
Canada, RSA
Mental Midget Zuma is going to find out the hard way that most of those farmers had compulsory military training, far better than the current crop he commands.

South African president seeks power to expropriate white-owned land without compensation

Stuart Graham, The Telegraph 03.04.2017

unnamed.png

South African President Jacob Zuma has lurched from one scandal to another since his election in 2009.

unnamed-2.png

Julius Malema, leader of South Africa's radical Economic Freedom Fighter party.

JOHANNESBURG — South African president Jacob Zuma has called on parliament to change the country’s constitution to allow the expropriation of white-owned land without compensation.

Zuma, 74, who made the remarks in a speech Friday, said he wanted to establish a “pre-colonial land audit of land use and occupation patterns” before changing the law.

“We need to accept the reality that those who are in parliament where laws are made, particularly the black parties, should unite because we need a two-thirds majority to effect changes in the constitution,” he said.

Zuma, who has lurched from one scandal to another since his election in 2009, has recently adopted a more populist tone after his ruling African National Congress (ANC) party suffered its worst election result last August since the end of apartheid in 1994.

His party lost the economic hub of Johannesburg, the capital Pretoria and the coastal city of Port Elizabeth to the moderate Democratic Alliance party, which also held the city of Cape Town.

The ANC is also under pressure from the radical Economic Freedom Fighters, led by Julius Malema who has been travelling the country urging black South Africans to take back land from white invaders and “Dutch thugs.”

He told parliament this week that his party wanted to “unite black people in South Africa” to expropriate land without compensation.

Although progress has been made in transferring property to black South Africans, land ownership is still believed to be skewed in favour of whites.

The Institute of Race Relations, an independent research body, said that providing a racial breakdown of South Africa’s rural landowners was “almost impossible.”

“In the first place the state owns some 22 per cent of the land in the country, including land in the former homelands, most of which is occupied by black subsistence farmers who have no title and seem unlikely to get it any time soon,” the group said.

“This leaves around 78 per cent of land in private hands, but the race of these private owners is not known.”

Zuma’s comments caused outrage among groups representing Afrikaans-speaking farmers. The Boer Afrikaner Volksraad said it would consider land expropriation without compensation as “a declaration of war.”

“We are ready to fight back,” said Andries Breytenbach, the group’s chairman. “We need urgent mediation between us and the government.

“If this starts, it will turn into a racial war which we want to prevent.”

Last month Zuma called in the military to maintain “law and order” in Cape Town ahead of expected protests calling for him to step down.

Last edited by a moderator:
That sounds like the sort of flailing rearguard actions that our Democrats are engaging in here in the US

Dear my friends in SA,
Please call if y'all need another gun, I believe I could clear my schedule for the 30 days that it should take to sort this out when it comes down to it. I will take compensation in the form of Biltong and Kudu back strap. I can only bring 11 pounds of ammo so I might need to borrow some. Please have the Castle iced down upon arrival.
Have gun, will travel,
Cody

Mental Midget Zuma is going to find out the hard way that most of those farmers had compulsory military training, far better than the current crop he commands.

South African president seeks power to expropriate white-owned land without compensation

Stuart Graham, The Telegraph 03.04.2017

13034615.png

South African President Jacob Zuma has lurched from one scandal to another since his election in 2009.
13034616.png

Julius Malema, leader of South Africa's radical Economic Freedom Fighter party.
ShareAdjustCommentPrint
JOHANNESBURG — South African president Jacob Zuma has called on parliament to change the country’s constitution to allow the expropriation of white-owned land without compensation.

Zuma, 74, who made the remarks in a speech Friday, said he wanted to establish a “pre-colonial land audit of land use and occupation patterns” before changing the law.

“We need to accept the reality that those who are in parliament where laws are made, particularly the black parties, should unite because we need a two-thirds majority to effect changes in the constitution,” he said.

Zuma, who has lurched from one scandal to another since his election in 2009, has recently adopted a more populist tone after his ruling African National Congress (ANC) party suffered its worst election result last August since the end of apartheid in 1994.

His party lost the economic hub of Johannesburg, the capital Pretoria and the coastal city of Port Elizabeth to the moderate Democratic Alliance party, which also held the city of Cape Town.

The ANC is also under pressure from the radical Economic Freedom Fighters, led by Julius Malema who has been travelling the country urging black South Africans to take back land from white invaders and “Dutch thugs.”

He told parliament this week that his party wanted to “unite black people in South Africa” to expropriate land without compensation.

Although progress has been made in transferring property to black South Africans, land ownership is still believed to be skewed in favour of whites.

The Institute of Race Relations, an independent research body, said that providing a racial breakdown of South Africa’s rural landowners was “almost impossible.”

“In the first place the state owns some 22 per cent of the land in the country, including land in the former homelands, most of which is occupied by black subsistence farmers who have no title and seem unlikely to get it any time soon,” the group said.

“This leaves around 78 per cent of land in private hands, but the race of these private owners is not known.”

Zuma’s comments caused outrage among groups representing Afrikaans-speaking farmers. The Boer Afrikaner Volksraad said it would consider land expropriation without compensation as “a declaration of war.”

“We are ready to fight back,” said Andries Breytenbach, the group’s chairman. “We need urgent mediation between us and the government.

“If this starts, it will turn into a racial war which we want to prevent.”

Last month Zuma called in the military to maintain “law and order” in Cape Town ahead of expected protests calling for him to step down.

Is this legit?? I have a hard time believing this is going anywhere. Unfortunately, it could lead to violence. But RSA has a very impressive free press and the "free-born" demographic seems more interested in expanding affordable education than fighting a race war. Zuma has some sort of syphilis induced dementia. Crazy.

Reactions: ack
Is this legit?? I have a hard time believing this is going anywhere. Unfortunately, it could lead to violence. But RSA has a very impressive free press and the "free-born" demographic seems more interested in expanding affordable education than fighting a race war. Zuma has some sort of syphilis induced dementia. Crazy.

Ottawa Citizen (I know a pinko Liberal Rag) but it is likely legit. Zuma and the ANC are desperate so forming an alliance with the Freedom Fighters whose only goal is to steal land from the whites will allow him to cling to power a little longer.

Between the Farm murders and this stupidity it will be Boer War 3. Like I said most farmers have had military service. It is a war the government can't win unless they wail for the corrupt UN to help and that would mean our lads getting killed because Trudeau wants a security council seat. How do you spell shit sandwich

Zuma's effort though "Off the Wall" needs to be on our "radar." Long Shots have been known to win. Any ground gained in this regard will be detrimental to the majority of foreigners that enjoy hunting in SA. We could be looking at another Kenya!!

More likely another Zim and that hasn't worked out so well for the white minority. Whites make up less than 10% of the population in the RSA and a much smaller percentage are Boer farmers. If it came down to real racial conflict, it is a war they can't win.

What will this do to flights in and out of the SA? I have a layover coming up in May in Johannesburg. I hope everything stays civil.

Four years ago the press was saying ignore Malema. They apparently thought they had constitutional protections.

"The recently released EFF manifest proclaimed that all land must be allocated to the state without compensation. Minister of Agriculture, Forestry and Fisheries, Tina Joemat Petterson, said in a consequent statement anyone who encouraged illegal action on farms would face the full might of the law. If Malema and EFF supporters occupied farms or agricultural land, action would be taken, she warned.

Agri SA Safety and Security chairperson, Kobus Breytenbach said the agricultural community should not waste time and energy on wild statements from individuals with their own political agendas and ideologies. “Each South African’s right to own property is entrenched in the Constitution. Farmers should not take any notice of Malema and the EFF’s threats. Malema’s credibility has been severely compromised by, amongst others, the fact that he owes R16 million to the South African Revenue Service.

We should much rather concentrate on the broader political spectrum and ignore irresponsible claims from radical fringe groups,” Breytenbach said. Political opportunism and radicalism should not be allowed to undermine the main stream norms and values on which South Africa is based, according to Agri SA President Johannes Möller."

Farmersweekly
Annelie Coleman
July 30, 2013 10:52 am

Now the President of RSA is spouting this crap.

He's losing power and is going to try appease the uneducated masses. I am trying to stay positive and hope sense prevails.

More likely another Zim and that hasn't worked out so well for the white minority. Whites make up less than 10% of the population in the RSA and a much smaller percentage are Boer farmers. If it came down to real racial conflict, it is a war they can't win.

My hope for RSA is cooler heads prevail and the constituion and rule of law are respected.

If you will not fight for the right when you can easily win without bloodshed, if you will not fight when your victory will be sure and not too costly, you may come to the moment when you will have to fight with all the odds against you and only a small chance of survival. There may even be a worse case; you may have to fight when there is no hope of victory, because it is better to perish than to live as slaves.

-- Sir Winston Churchill

My understanding, is that: (1) the ANC turned down the offer of joining up with the EEF to make a 65% majority, and (2) that the ANC in Parliament voted down Zuma's proposal. Just Zuma trying to hang-on till the end, and maybe beyond. The DA needs to get in gear and finish off the ANC and EEF.

Last edited:

General:

Which side can't win. The 10% with the money, arms, training and ability to purchase more arms or the 90% with no training and no money.

EFF turned down the ANC.

General:

Which side can't win. The 10% with the money, arms, training and ability to purchase more arms or the 90% with no training and no money.
think you would be surprised by the wealth owned by that 90% and the backing they potentially have...

Last edited by a moderator:
I too hope that the rule of law prevails in this situation. South Africa need only look north at Zimbabwe to see what taking farms will do to the economy. Talk about starving people.........we will see that in mass because the farms will become unproductive.

General:

When I was there last May the outfitter told me about how crappy SA forces really were. Their "elite troops" got into an engagement then threw down their guns and ran and hid in the bush when the shooting started. I'm with you on this one.

General:

I absolutely stand by my assessment. The Selous Scouts were about as good a light infantry as ever fought anywhere. The parents and grandparents of those young men had defended themselves their whole lives. They still lost. And international opinion will be no more supportive of Afrikaner rights today than they were white Rhodesian rights during that bush war. I don't like it, but believing they could defeat impossible odds in an armed racial conflict is the same logic which said one confederate could lick any six Yankees (and I am a proud Southerner). The only way this fight can be won is making sure it doesn't happen.

My understanding, is that: (1) the ANC turned down the offer of joining up with the EEF to make a 65% majority, and (2) that the ANC in Parliament voted down Zuma's proposal. Just Zuma trying to hang-on till the end, and maybe beyond. The DA needs to get in gear and finish off the ANC and EEF.
If that is so then what do you think the chances are that the ANC themselves remove him from power and replace him just like his predocessor?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
LuciaWains

Latest posts

Latest profile posts

Impact shots from the last hunt

Early morning Impala hunt, previous link was wrong video

Headshot on jackal this morning

Mature Eland Bull taken in Tanzania, at 100 yards, with 375 H&H, 300gr, Federal Premium Expanding bullet.

20231012_145809~2.jpg